View Full Version : What's it gonna take? An update from me

scrumking
12-02-14, 17:10
Figured I would post a quick update just to touch base

Fear of heart attack.......gone
Fear of tumor/aneurysm....... 95% better
Fear of stopping breathing.......gone

Fear of sudden cardiac death....... Not better at all

Just wondering what it's going to take to curb this fear does a normal ekg and 24 hour holter monitor rule this out?

Does the fact that I have sleep apnea and a slightl enlarged heart from it mean this is a very real possibility?

What's it going to take to slay this dragon?

Andrash
12-02-14, 17:43

I thought these two were one and the same :)

Fishmanpa
12-02-14, 17:48
Figured I would post a quick update just to touch base

Fear of tumor/aneurysm....... 95% better
Fear of stopping breathing.......gone

Just wondering what it's going to take to curb this fear does a normal ekg and 24 hour holter monitor rule this out?

Does the fact that I have sleep apnea and a slightl enlarged heart from it mean this is a very real possibility?

What's it going to take to slay this dragon?

That's some great news Scrum! Congrats! Seems like you're carrying quite a sword these days!

So... the sudden death thing. I don't now if this will help but let me give you a perspective.

Sudden death means you don't see it coming and BAM! Don't pass go, don't collect $200 by Monopoly terms. I actually went out with my 1st heart attack in the ER. I had about 1-2 second period of ""Oh Shit" before everything went black. No time to be afraid...

Sudden death probably wouldn't give you even that much time. It doesn't matter if it's your heart, a car accident, a meteor falling from the sky, hit by lighting or the myriad of other instant death scenarios out there. The odds of it actually happening are so minuscule. And if it does?... you're not gonna know it or see it coming.

So enjoy your life. "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live. Love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest doesn't matter... it's like chasing the wind" King Solomon. Would you rather be having a blast when that meteor takes you out or be sitting there worrying about it?

Positive thoughts

Havefaithx
12-02-14, 18:16
Hi Scrum King,

I no this fear very well, mine HA stems around dying instantly Heart attacks, Strokes etc, this fear is because i'm terrified of leaving my son, it got so bad that i used to sleep downstairs on the sofa so if my son came into the bedroom he'd go to his dad first and not see me u no what, that's what i thought in hind sight all i got was a cr*ppy nights sleep and a bad neck lol

I managed to overcome the sleeping and panicking that i was going to die in my sleep took a good year, but I realised one day that i'm young and healthy, if the enlarged heart or your sleep apnea was a major concern for drs they would be honest with you and be sorting you out? Have you asked the Dr if this can cause sudden death i highly doubt it tbh. I think every HA suffer has dealt or are dealing with this fear.

clover1201
12-02-14, 20:20
Sudden cardiac death is usually caused by a long QT time which can be pickedup by a normal ecg. It don't change so that its there one min and gone the next so wouldn't be missed.

---------- Post added at 20:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

That's sudden adult death syndrome caused by the above which is cardiac related

saab
12-02-14, 20:22
I have pvc's so worry about this too. But realistically, it is still only a small possibility even with risk factors. What causes your sleep apnea? Can you do anything about it? That might help you feel more confident.