PDA

View Full Version : watching news set off HOCD

Ikaeoph
12-02-14, 18:26
Hi, I was just watching the news when a report on one of them lunatics came on, and it just caused a huge relapse and I'm freaking out with terror right now... I don't know what to do I'm so scared and absolutely exhausted, has anyone with this type of OCD ever relapsed or freaked out when seeing the news? Also is it normal for your ocd to almost try to convince you your a bad person? And make you doubt your a true ocd sufferer at all and that your mad? Help please :weep:

Phuzella
12-02-14, 18:41
What lunatics?

LunaLiuna
12-02-14, 18:45
From what I know it's normal for the news, TV program ect to stir emotions. especially if your fairly superstitious.

There's nothing wrong with being a lunatic anyway. After all, we are all little moons reflecting each others light ;)

In regards to the two questions they're both normal as well, your mind can do anything to get the thing it craves. Which is fear in this case.

I hope your feeling better soon, check my thread about a similar thing if you want it's called 'wibble wobble woooo' I panic when I see anything related to illness or anything similar. sorry about the funny name :)

Phuzella
12-02-14, 18:48
Excuse my dimness but what is HOCD?

LunaLiuna
12-02-14, 18:57
What lunatics?

A crazy person, whatever 'crazy' is.

Phuzella
12-02-14, 19:00
Oh I see, thanks

TooMuchToLiveFor
12-02-14, 19:04
Excuse my dimness but what is HOCD?

HOCD is a form of obsessive compulsive disorder that deals with one's sexual identity. It's based around the fear that one might become or somehow is homosexual, with this notion going against all rational and actuality of that person's sexual identity as a heterosexual. In part, the fears are that of impulse and loss of control, where one feels overwhelming anxiety around the intrusive thoughts of being sexual and passionate with another member of the same sex.

Phuzella
12-02-14, 19:13
Ah I've heard of OCD but not HOCD. Actually my dad was gay....

Ikaeoph
13-02-14, 01:01
Sorry I meant the psycho murderers, it just set it off

---------- Post added at 01:01 ---------- Previous post was at 00:59 ----------

HOCD is also the fear you are a bad person who wants to cause harm, thanks for the replies

WhyWhyWhy
13-02-14, 01:13
From what I know it's normal for the news, TV program ect to stir emotions. especially if your fairly superstitious.

This just bought me a great deal of comfort. Thankyou:)

LunaLiuna
13-02-14, 01:22
This just bought me a great deal of comfort. Thankyou:)

No problem WhyWhyWhy, you know we have similar triggers :)