PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness sensation when sitting?

anxious_thoughts
13-02-14, 02:19
Has anyone experienced this before? It seems like I feel dizzy when I sit, although when I walk around it's not too bad. Nervous :weep:

It feels like I am falling backwards, really scares me :(

Andrash
13-02-14, 07:59
Has anyone experienced this before? It seems like I feel dizzy when I sit, although when I walk around it's not too bad. Nervous :weep:

It feels like I am falling backwards, really scares me :(

Yes. It's probably a slight problem with your neck. Try to change posture.

fedup36
13-02-14, 09:32
Yes, I always use to get this... This has now changes though to getting worse when walking around!! The joys!! Que blood pressure and heart issue worries from me every time I stand up... It's obviously anxiety as I'm fine when I wake up and it just gets worse throughout the day :(

greggs92
13-02-14, 09:39
Hello, you are probably feeling dizzy because the blood sugar levels go up and down continuously during anxiety, but it's harmless. I found that the dizziness went when i started eating about 2 bananas a day.

anxious_thoughts
13-02-14, 23:41
Hello everyone thank you for the replies!

The dizziness wasn't too bad today, probably all just anxiety related

LunaLiuna
13-02-14, 23:58
I asked my psychiatrist about this as I get it, and she said it may be caused by low blood pressure (nothing bad can come of it) it's quite common in young people as well apparently :)

Antianxiety
14-02-14, 00:17
I just wrote a giant reply and lost it before posting. Basically this is me as well and has been going on the last two months. I am still here but has not been easy fighting the things I think it "could be". Two months ago I was walking through a crowded mall pushing my daughter in her stroller and my son walking with me. I got began feeling this huge dizziness, palpitations, complete dry mouth, and a rush of heat going down my torso and into my pelvic area. I shot into the store where my wife was and yelled out her name saying "this is it, it's happening!". She calmly walked me out, went and got a cold water, took a Klonapin which I basically chewed because 1 minute was too long to wait for a water. We walked outside and as soon as I felt the cold blast of air on my face I began feeling better. 15 minutes later we walked across street to bookstore and bought books on fighting panic attacks. Keep in mind one week prior I had my first panic attack during sleep. What I am trying to say is no matter how horrible anxiety can be it is so powerful it will trick your mind into thinking something serious is actually happening when it is not. A therapist once told me Panic Attacks are the same as saying Adrenaline Attacks. You can make it through this! We can all make it through this!

anxious_thoughts
14-02-14, 03:19
I asked my psychiatrist about this as I get it, and she said it may be caused by low blood pressure (nothing bad can come of it) it's quite common in young people as well apparently :)

really? hmm that's interesting, I didn't know that!

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

I just wrote a giant reply and lost it before posting. Basically this is me as well and has been going on the last two months. I am still here but has not been easy fighting the things I think it "could be". Two months ago I was walking through a crowded mall pushing my daughter in her stroller and my son walking with me. I got began feeling this huge dizziness, palpitations, complete dry mouth, and a rush of heat going down my torso and into my pelvic area. I shot into the store where my wife was and yelled out her name saying "this is it, it's happening!". She calmly walked me out, went and got a cold water, took a Klonapin which I basically chewed because 1 minute was too long to wait for a water. We walked outside and as soon as I felt the cold blast of air on my face I began feeling better. 15 minutes later we walked across street to bookstore and bought books on fighting panic attacks. Keep in mind one week prior I had my first panic attack during sleep. What I am trying to say is no matter how horrible anxiety can be it is so powerful it will trick your mind into thinking something serious is actually happening when it is not. A therapist once told me Panic Attacks are the same as saying Adrenaline Attacks. You can make it through this! We can all make it through this!

Hello antianxiety, thank you for sharing your experience with anxiety. I am sorry that you experienced that. Anxiety is really such a pain. I feel like by worrying so much you train your brain to overreact to symptoms, that a person without health anxiety wouldn't pay attention to. We can definitely all make it through this!!:yesyes:

Antianxiety
14-02-14, 19:50
Forgot to mention I am on computer all day (graphic design) and what is most likely causing my neck issues and dizziness as well.

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 19:58
Sorry you're still getting symptoms. I was just wondering how the therapy was going... I asked in the other thread but didn't see a response...

Positive thoughts

greggs92
14-02-14, 20:10
The dizziness will start to banish when you take control of your breathing.I would recommend breathing slow exhalation and inhalation. 3 seconds in and 4 seconds out, if you do this with rhythm...you will notice a huge difference :)

Also if try to eat a couple of bananas a day, as they balance the sugar levels (if you like them :P )

anxious_thoughts
15-02-14, 17:56
Thank you Greg!
Dizziness hasn't been an issue for today and yesterday which I'm happy about. :) I will keep your breathing techniques in mind

pixar1982
15-02-14, 22:24
Yep I had this for a while, was gripping the chair arms so as not to 'fall'! Must have looked a right ninny :blush: All gone now tho, seemed to be when anxiety was at it's peak and use of calms has helped :) Haven't got rid of the spaced out head fuzz feeling tho but a start! I'm a graphic designer so work at the computer all day so think this didn't help plus I get regular massages and always told how tense my shoulders are so maybe same for you depending on your job