PDA

View Full Version : Heart issue but am still here!

klg1975
13-02-14, 02:27
Hi all,

Well this is the first time I've posted on here so here goes...

I've suffered from GAD/health anxiety for about 10 years now and have, like you most of you, thought I had been suffering with those god dreaded diseases out there. Particularly heart issues. I believe I suffered with this for a number of reasons as 1) my mum died quite young from a massive heart attack and 2) following a number of ECG's due to panic attacks, something odd keeps showing up. They thought I had something called Wolff Parkinson Syndrome due to my ECGs and palpitations. Approximately 8 years ago I went to have a procedue to ablate this extra pathway I supposedly had. They could not find this pathway and nothing further was investigated.

I went to the dr recently due to a tight chest from having a cold and he asked my history. He then wanted to do another ECG and of course the abnormality came up (short delta waves?) So now I am awaiting another appt with the Cardiologist next Tuesday

I'm writing this as although there may be a glitch with my heart, I want all you guys to know, particularly those who suffer with heart anxiety, it is possible to go on with life and control those negative thoughts. I hacw been off anxiety meds for nearly 2 years and have become so much stronger. Distraction has been very helpful as well as getting angry with the beast, cursing the bloody thing, accepting symptoms and just moving on.

Sorry for the long post. I read this forum alot and find sone people on here very inspirational! :yesyes:

skippy66
13-02-14, 09:23
I'm writing this as although there may be a glitch with my heart, I want all you guys to know, particularly those who suffer with heart anxiety, it is possible to go on with life and control those negative thoughts. I hacw been off anxiety meds for nearly 2 years and have become so much stronger. Distraction has been very helpful as well as getting angry with the beast, cursing the bloody thing, accepting symptoms and just moving on.

This is excellent advice, thanks for posting.