PDA

View Full Version : Support Health via conversation/chat

Asue
13-02-14, 04:44
I like to advise people who wish to support their community that are suffering from various health problem to adopt group chat. This helped me a lot during my daughter's bipolar event. There are many good chat rooms platform out there, I tested those RumbleTalk, Xcat, FlashChat.
All are good option.

Asue
14-02-14, 08:18
Ok, since there are not too many replies I would like to share with you the tests I have.
In general: I have bipolar support forum for kids and their parents. Since I looked a lot for decent group support chatroom for community chat, including the wordpress default one (which was really minimal and created a huge load on my hosting server).

I choose the RumbleTalk for my organization. The main benefit for me was the mobile chat orientation.

During my 7 years of running this activity, we used to have Java based chat room, but many had problems to connect as they need java installed (which mean less and less people this days).

We also tried flash chatrooms, but again it is not that friendly for mobiles.

So overall, I think the options are not that great with respect to users integration, but RumbleTalk is a decent choice (my 2 cents opinion).

Asue
04-07-14, 16:28
Sorry, it took me a while, but just for you to know, I am still looking for a suitable chat room for my site any help will be most appreciated.

Asue
02-02-16, 17:03
It took me a while but better later then never I guess. Some applications I tried were decent, mostly they lack something I need that is why I started using Rumbletalk. I really like that I am able to use it on my page, blog and on my facebook page at the same time as it really synchronize all the time. I was also able to manage my own design just as much as I want. Didn't find anything that it would miss with this application so I am really happy with it.

Rumbletalk also offers you the creation of experts chat room. This can be placed on your website or using a direct link to the chat room.