PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like a Great Site

dallas
22-11-06, 15:08
Hello. I don't quite know where to begin, other than I have suffered from anxiety and OCD since childhood. Not continuously, just at certain periods of my life. (undetermined causes). I did want to ask if anyone here has times when they can tolerate caffeine on a daily basis and then times when they find even a small amount intolerable. Thanks for the opportunity to become part of your group.

Dallas

yorkylover
22-11-06, 15:13
Hi Dallas and welcome to the forum.You will get lots of support here,and helpfull advise.;)

Ellen XX

trac67
22-11-06, 15:21
Hi Dallas,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

domino
22-11-06, 15:29
Hay dallas, WELCOME TO THE SITE, you will find that we are a great bunch and that every one will help and surport you. TELL us abit more about yourself, and feel free to p.m./ e.mail me anytime. lorraine. my address , lorraine.rickards@ntlworld.com:D

manmoor
22-11-06, 15:37
Hi Dallas,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

kittykat
22-11-06, 15:39
Hi dallas
You'll find all the support and advice hear, its a great site.

Welcome and take care xx

libbie
22-11-06, 15:54
hi dallas

yes i cant tolerate certain foods either, but only when im having an attack of anxiety, otherwise im fine, strange aint it

welcome to this site

take care
libbie

LickeyEndBlues
22-11-06, 16:00
Hi Dallas

Didn't you used to be a TV series!!:)

Welcome to NMP. I cant comment on your caffiene question but I'm sure you will find someone who can. This site is full of useful stuff from information through to support and friendship.

Take care

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

dallas
22-11-06, 16:04
Thanks everyone for your timely support. I hope you don't mind that I live in Texas! I have looked into other anxiety support groups online, but particularly like this one. And, I have always been an anglophile! I was fortunate enough to visit your lovely country a few years ago and it is one of the happiest memories of my life. Not really sure where to post anything about myself. Not so much to tell. Probably the oldest member in the group, going through menopause. I have had some wonderful periods in my life, training and showing dogs, horses, painting and playing music. That is what is so exasperating about this anxiety, or whatever it is. Then the depression, which always seems to follow. Oh well, enough of my tales of woe. Thanks again for your concern.

dalllas

mooks
22-11-06, 18:04
Hi Dallas
Welcome...
Im not a coffee drinker but a huge Tea drinker (which also has caffiene) so I have switched to Decaf..it has helped. You may want to try you do honestly get used to it...I tested my Husband as he swears decaf is horrible...Ive fed him many a decaf tea now and he hasn't mentioned a thing ha ha

honeybee3939
22-11-06, 18:20
Hi Dallas,

A BIG warm welocme to you, lovely to see you here, i sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way!:D

I myself only drink Decaff coffee now, i drink alot of coffee and sure where i used the normal coffee it made my anxiety worse. When i changed to decaff i had a rotten headache for nearly a week, i was told by my GP that it was withdrawl from the coffee.

love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

nomorepanic
22-11-06, 19:05
Hi Dallas

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You are not the only American so you will soon catch up with some fellow americans on here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel