PDA

View Full Version : Buzzing feeling in left foot.

worried Laura
13-02-14, 10:19
Hi
Lately I keep getting buzzing or a vibration like a mobile phone going off in my left foot, it buzzes for 2 seconds then stops for two seconds and starts again it happens for hours. Was wondering if anyone else has this? Is it a part of anxiety? Thanks laura :)

cut_out_stars
13-02-14, 11:47
Hi Laura,

I've had similar things in my legs before! It's a really weird sensation isn't it? I don't know what is but I think (I don't know if anyone else can confirm this?) but I always thought slight muscle twitches / buzzes were often caused by fatigue / stress?

RoseEve
13-02-14, 12:00
I get this in my left leg my left hand and my forehead. It's light muscle twitches caused by anxiety. Annoying but nothing to worry about.

worried Laura
13-02-14, 12:23
Thanks Cut out stars and RoseEve. Yeah it's really annoying! I hope it is just muscle twitches and not nerve damage :( do both of you're last a hole day without stopping?

cut_out_stars
13-02-14, 12:29
it has done before yeah! For some reason when I get it in my leg the feeling really grosses me out *shudders*

It's a very, very common thing - I had it in my cheek the other day.

I once got really worried about happening in my bum of all places.. Seriously I was sat on my phone and my mum was ringing me!

RoseEve
13-02-14, 12:32
Yes days! It comes and goes

worried Laura
13-02-14, 15:57
Hi just got back from the doctors and she had never heard of anything like it! She's leaning more to thinking its a nerve problem and sending me to a neurologist :( hoping it's all just to do with anxiety :/

Andrash
13-02-14, 16:14
Thanks Cut out stars and RoseEve. Yeah it's really annoying! I hope it is just muscle twitches and not nerve damage :( do both of you're last a hole day without stopping?

It's like a flutter, and sometimes you can visualize the little twitch under your skin? I get this from time to time.

If it were nerve damage, you'd first have experienced atrophy and weakness, than the twitches, not the other way around :)

worried Laura
13-02-14, 16:57
Hi Andrash :) I wouldn't say it was a flutter it's more like vibrations like I have my foot on my mobile. It worries me because it has it's own rhythm, it buzzes for two seconds then stops for two then starts again and carries on like this not stopping for hours, but yeah I have no weakness so hopefully that's a good sign.

Andrash
13-02-14, 17:12
Hi Andrash :) I wouldn't say it was a flutter it's more like vibrations like I have my foot on my mobile. It worries me because it has it's own rhythm, it buzzes for two seconds then stops for two then starts again and carries on like this not stopping for hours, but yeah I have no weakness so hopefully that's a good sign.

As long as you have no weakness, you're home and dry. And remember, weakness is not pain or getting tired easily-weakness is you can't do things with the hand. :)

worried Laura
13-02-14, 17:32
Luckily no weakness! Thanks for answering. :)

Kelley
28-06-14, 23:52
Hi Laura!
I'm wondering how you went with this annoying buzzing sensation? I see you posted this back in feb but picked it up when searching for the same thing today. I am experiencing the exact same thing and adding to my whole list of other symptoms it's really got me in a mess of worry. I was laying on the floor watching tv last night and had this constant 2 second on and 2 second off buzz under the skin in one spot on my left thigh that went on non stop for hours! And like you describe it had its own pattern!! I wanted to chop my leg off, it was driving me to madness!!! I tried the exercise bike for half hour, stretching, changing positions, leg exercises even punching and slapping it! But didn't make any difference. So I went and had a hot shower and shortly after it eased (maybe had something to do with relaxing, I don't know). So I've just woken up this morning and the first thing I did was check to see if it was back and I then started to feel the same type of buzz in random places but without any type of pattern just here and there one buzz or a few that came and went. Now I can feel it going on again in that same spot in my leg! Not as bad as last night but it's there!!! I also get crawling pricking sensations most days all over my body, feels like the hairs on my skin are moving against my clothes. Sometimes I even get a feeling like an actual bug is walking on me! Sometimes it's like electric zaps or pin pricks in my fingers and feet and other random places!
Anyone else out there get any of this?? It's reassurance that I need right now!!

Thanks for the post Laura

Kelley

Serenity1990
29-06-14, 00:37
This is classic anxiety. As it comes and goes and doesn't linger constantly for weeks on end there isn't anything serious that can cause this.

worried Laura
29-06-14, 00:55
Hi :) with me I found out it could of been a number of things. 1st I have found out I have piriformis syndrome :( so could be due to my nerves beaning squeezed by my pirifomis muscle. Also I drank a lot of green tea which is full of caffeine, plus if you drink to much water it can upset your electro balance. Also I got lightening pain in places and cold feelings and pins n needles plus twitching that was all to do with stress though! You should check out my posts on anxiety zone, my user name is so worried, I put up a lot more about it on there :-) you should go to the doctors just to make sure your fine, but I wouldn't worry I did a LOT of research about those symptoms and it nearly always comes back to anxiety or low on certain vitamins (b6 mostly) or nerve entrapment. Trust me the more you worry the worst it will get. Go and check out my posts on the other site, you will find out I had all the same things. :)