PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding google, can anyone help? Scared

cut_out_stars
13-02-14, 11:25
Hello everyone,

I'm feeling a little low and disappointed in myself today, I was doing so well and feeling positive and bam, back comes the anxiety grr.

Another light-ish green/brown bruise has just appeared on my shoulder out of nowhere and of course my mind goes into overdrive :(

I've been panicky about these weird little pin prick red spots I seem to get all over my arms and chest.. I really don't want to google (and I'm not going to!) does anyone else have this? I've always had a few but seem to have loads now! Could it be heat/sun exposure? I just really want it to be nothing! I've attached a pic.

RoseEve
13-02-14, 12:04
I get this every winter it's from dry skin. I get bruises all the time and have no idea where they came from. All normal :)

cut_out_stars
13-02-14, 13:36
Thanks for replying RoseEve, it's reassuring :) It's funny, before I had HA, I bet I wouldn't have given these little spots a second thought.

Dexterjames
13-02-14, 13:38
I get these i got no idea what they are but had them for years.

MRS STRESS ED
13-02-14, 15:02
I have them too had them for ever lol if it was something more sinister I wouldnt be typing this ,im sure you will be fine if your still worried get it checked x

Montana2
14-02-14, 03:24
I have those tiny red spots. Found three on my waist, then start checking and sure enough, more on my Chest...then they just started appearing. Every single day I found a new one. Checked my husband too and he has them. That was a relief. Not worry about them any more.

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 03:29
Get both random bruises and the little pin pricks. Had a team of doctors recently due to a high risk pregnancy, and none of them were concerned about the pin pricks at all.

Lin71
14-02-14, 07:45
I have both too, I bruise easily, even from just scratching myself!

I have little red dots and freckles all over the place if I look closely. The more you look the more you'll find! Your photo looks like the most normal skin ever so don't worry xx

Leslie735
14-02-14, 13:25
You know, a few weeks ago I noticed I kept finding random bruises on myself and it alarmed me a little but I guess I forgot about it and haven't noticed it since. :shrug:

I'm sure it's the same for you right now. You are hyper aware and looking at things more closely. I'm sure everything is fine. :hugs:

cut_out_stars
15-02-14, 19:41
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the reassurance!

Lin71 - I seem to as well! If I scratch my arms or chest area too hard I the weirdest little red rash, is that what you get?! I must have super sensitive skin!

Leslie735 - I think you might be right. It's funny, my HA has really ramped up this past month and one of the strange things about it is I'm completely unable to remember if I had these skin things before my HA went into overdrive which makes it hard to rationalize! Silly brain!

GlassPinata
15-02-14, 19:59
That is pretty much why I just joined this forum.
I am hoping it will be a healthier alternative to sitting and googling diseases and symptoms all day.

Lin71
15-02-14, 20:42
Yes, any kind of scratching makes my skin very red for quite a while and if I've scratched too hard there will be a bruise the next day. My skin isn't particularly sensitive to toiletries, cosmetics etc. but it is sensitive to scratching!

cut_out_stars
16-02-14, 11:12
GlassPinata,

This forum is a great place. You'll find a lot of support and help here, it's already helped me a great deal :)

Lin71 - Ah, my skin is like that too! I also don't bleed too much when I'm cut but scar SO easily. I'm starting to realize how clumsy I am! Thanks for the replies x