PDA

View Full Version : These kind of night sweats are ok, right?

Hypo
13-02-14, 12:38
I am cold blooded, often get cold in bed so find myself waking up nestled under a think duvet and sweating.

Not sweating enough to change the sheets, it's mainly under my arm pits and sometimes between my legs.

Night sweats you need to worry about are when you are drenched and have to change the sheets, right?

Fishmanpa
13-02-14, 13:00
I am cold blooded, often get cold in bed so find myself waking up nestled under a think duvet and sweating.

Not sweating enough to change the sheets, it's mainly under my arm pits and sometimes between my legs.

Night sweats you need to worry about are when you are drenched and have to change the sheets, right?

Right...

Positive thoughts

hangingbasket
13-02-14, 14:33
I often wonder this too. I often wake up and my back and chest are slightly sweating but its not enough to change the sheets or anything.
I'm not sure whether they are night sweats or not.

Phuzella
13-02-14, 14:37
Armpits and between legs are very warm places so they get sweaty:D
I have to have a thin duvet even in winter or I get too hot, and I don't consider it anything unusual.

emlica
13-02-14, 14:55
I get this too - sweating round my chest, sometimes back of my neck under my hair, but I've always figured if it's not causing me to have to change sheets or pyjamas, it's unlikely to be worth worrying about. I think mine is at least partly hormonal, also gets worse if I'm anxious and if I've eaten particularly rich/spicy food or had alcohol.

Penlid
13-02-14, 15:24
I suffered an episode over a Christmas period whilst my anxiety was extremely high. Sweat heavily through the night and also when I tried to sleep the anxiety off during the day. Just one of those things.....