PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day that i die

ryangreen
13-02-14, 14:46
I think it that day the day I have known is coming for quite a while
Today is the day my heart is either going to explode or stop..

I can't take this fear anymore it's too scary I have read on here how people have had many ekg and different heart tests I have only had ONE ekg and ONE holter monitor that surely can't be enough.

I don't want to die but I think father death is coming and coming soon

Althea
13-02-14, 14:52
Have you called your therapist, Ryan?

MRS STRESS ED
13-02-14, 14:57
Ryan your not in a good place you really need to get some help from professionals ,get in touch with your doctors and tell them how desperate you are good luck they can put you in touch with the right people x

ryangreen
13-02-14, 14:57
I just had an appointment on Friday I don't know what to do I know this sounds stupid but my cat who never shows my any affection won't leave me alone this morning sitting on my lap, licking my hand maybe he knows something bad is going to happen to me they say animals know things before humans do

Althea
13-02-14, 15:05
Ryan, please call your therapist today. If they're open now, close the computer and make the call now.

If your cat knows anything, it's that you're extremely upset. You're reading into things to make them as dark as possible.

Leslie735
13-02-14, 15:05
You need to seek some help, today, right now. You have let you fear overcome you completely and have lost hope. Your kitty is probably just sensing your need for comfort. Relax, take deep breaths, you are going to be fine. :hugs: I will pray for you today!

ryangreen
13-02-14, 15:13
My therapist office isn't open for another 3 hours it's on 7am here I am debating going to the hospital and at least just sitting in the ER so that if anything happens I will be tended to immediately this has to be heart related and they have a better chance of saving me if I am there

Dexterjames
13-02-14, 15:23
I hate this feeling i get it a lot "your not alone" do what makes you feel better GO to ER or see your therapist for help i all ways phone mine when i get like this every time PLEASE do it so it makes you feel better.

Leslie735
13-02-14, 15:26
Are you having symptoms of something or just scared something is going to happen? If you feel the need to go to the ER, do so without doubt.

Andrash
13-02-14, 16:20
I just had an appointment on Friday I don't know what to do I know this sounds stupid but my cat who never shows my any affection won't leave me alone this morning sitting on my lap, licking my hand maybe he knows something bad is going to happen to me they say animals know things before humans do

Is your cat a cardiologist? Come on mate, get a grip. Seriously.

You're not going to die today, you're not going to die tomorrow, you're not going to die soon. You're going to live a wonderful life if you overcome this anxiety, which is your main issue.

I understand it can be debilitating, but it is debilitating enough to worry about our anxiety symptoms. If we start worrying what our cats and dogs are doing, and start relating it to our health issues-we're really in the hole.

You need to get out of that hole fast. As good folks said before me-call your therapists as soon as (s)he is in the office, and talk. Impending doom is a common feeling when you have an anxiety disorder-most of us get it from time to time. That doesn't mean you're going to die.

Btw, if your ECG and especially holter monitor were clean, you don't have a heart condition. You simply don't. One test is more than enough to determine it. Do you really want to spend your time in the ER checking your heart every day? Or you have something more fun and useful to do? :)

ryangreen
13-02-14, 16:23
Leslie,

That is a hard question to answer I am very cardio phobic and I'm having chest pain/pressure and I'm not sure how to tell if it's a heart attack or anxiety symptom.

The easier part to answer is I have a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen to me today in regards to my heart and with that my mortality

jillyb
13-02-14, 17:33
Ryan, as others have said, please try and get in touch with your therapist. One thing I will say is that my therapist keeps reminding me that they are only thoughts. For example, if you really thought you were going to win the lottery, would you? No, otherwise we'd all be thinking it! I know it's really tough but you've got to keep reminding yourself that they are only thoughts. I have a sheet of all the unhealthy ways of thinking and am guilty of them all so I really sympathise with you. X

Fishmanpa
13-02-14, 17:46
.......For example, if you really thought you were going to win the lottery, would you? No, otherwise we'd all be thinking it!

I think that every time I buy my tickets.... hasn't happened yet :( But I'm still here and still part of the 99%

Positive thoughts

Antianxiety
13-02-14, 23:57
Ryan, I have been in your position several times and have always made it through. Anxiety is so powerful!!! Two months ago I was walking in a mall and had a huge dizzy spell, of course the week before I have had a massive panic attack. I walked quickly through the store pushing my daughter in her stroller and yelling out to my wife "it was happening" and to call 911! She came to me and we walked to buy a cold water. I was shaking, my mouth was completely dry, felt light headed, my heart was racing, felt hot rush of blood down my torso and into my buttocks area. I told my wife to hurry, I don't feel good, it's happening. We hurried to the door and ss soon as I felt the cold blast of cold air hit my face I began feeling better. I also took a Klonapin. We sat down and after 15 minutes we went across the street and bought a few books on fighting panic attacks. I forgot to mention my Hospital and ER happens to also be across the street. Ryan, it is so hard but you will be ok. It can be so intense you may even hallucinate and break out in a rash or even feel you are about to pass out. You can do this, we can do this!!! Hang in there.

roxy90
14-02-14, 01:28
No sweetie, today is the day you will live. And so is tommorow, and the day after, and most likely the days/weeks/months and years after that.

My heart goes out to you, I know what it is like to be in this state, to be so convinced that this is it, it's heartbreaking. And I mean this is in the very nicest way possible, only you can change this, and you need to this low point as a turning point to pull your finger out and make a change (meant very nicely of course)

You wont wake up and suddenly you're fine, it doesn't work like that (if only). I have been saying this is the day that I'm going to die since last June. I've diagnosed myself with a million and one conditions, most life threatening, Yet I'm here, psychically unscathed and still alive and kicking.

If the holter is what I think it is (the 24hour machine?) then if you had an underlying heart condition it would be picked up. ECGs aren't the first port of call for any suspected heart issues for no good reason :-)

It can get easier if you want it to, not saying thoughts will automatically go away forever, but you can honestly get your life back if you want to.

There will be plenty of people who will die today, rejoice the fact that there is an overwhelming possibility you wont be one of them!

Tanner40
14-02-14, 01:57
Ryan, I feel certain that you didn't die today. Even worse, you didn't live. You lost a precious day that was given to you, worrying about something that never came to pass. One day in the future, all of your days will be gone. That's a reality that will occur for each of us. Do you really want to waste all of your tomorrow's as you did today.

Get some help from your therapist. Start CBT. Begin accepting the fact that you have health anxiety, not heart disease. Until you do that, all of your days won't actually be worth living. Don't allow anxiety to rob you of each day that you live.

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 02:26
Ryan, I feel certain that you didn't die today. Even worse, you didn't live. You lost a precious day that was given to you, worrying about something that never came to pass. One day in the future, all of your days will be gone. That's a reality that will occur for each of us. Do you really want to waste all of your tomorrow's as you did today.

Get some help from your therapist. Start CBT. Begin accepting the fact that you have health anxiety, not heart disease. Until you do that, all of your days won't actually be worth living. Don't allow anxiety to rob you of each day that you live.

Beautifully said, Tanner. Truly.