PDA

View Full Version : Face pain worry

Zestyz
13-02-14, 20:37
Can anyone give me reassurance please?
I went to the gp a couple weeks ago because the top of my cheeks were sore and they sent me to the dentist as they didn't think it was sinus related. I had X-rays and they couldn't find anything so I went back to gp and they gave me nasal spray for sinuses .
My cheek bones AND the bottom of my jaw on both sides are now sore and I can feel squishy lumps inside the middle of both cheeks. They are soft and moveable but what is going on!
I'm not keen on going back to the gp as I'm sure they will just blame anxiety.

greenlady
13-02-14, 20:44
it may be muscle knots,.. do you clench your teeth..tmj maybe?

Fishmanpa
13-02-14, 20:46
The first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of this thread was that old joke... Does your face hurt?..... Well it's killing me! ;)

You just went to your GP and dentist and were diagnosed with sinus issues. Sinus issues can make your face hurt. Could it be you're biting the insides of your cheeks from the stress? Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Zestyz
13-02-14, 21:10
Yes I have face ache lol! I suppose i do clench them sometimes subconsciously .
I have looked online ( yes I know ) and the lumps are where your saliva glands are?
I'm fairly new to having health anxiety and felt quite good yesterday as I managed to not google anything for a whole 5 hours! Then today it's all back and I'm driving myself insane .

Andrash
13-02-14, 21:53
I get facial pains sometimes from clenching.

Havefaithx
13-02-14, 21:56
I have face pain quite a bit drs thought it was sinuses for a year, but because I was in constant pain with it and headaches they sent me for a MRI and I was diagnosed with trigeminal Neuralgia, basically it's facial nerve pain and it's agonyy face is sore and feels bruised when it happens, not sayin this is what u have although it isn't dangerous just painful but just wanted to Let u no ur not alone x

hangingbasket
13-02-14, 21:58
I know dentists arent doctors, but if the dentist did an x ray, they know what is 'normal' and would have told you if there was anything alarming.. or at least suggested going to your doctor again

Andrash
13-02-14, 22:02
I have face pain quite a bit drs thought it was sinuses for a year, but because I was in constant pain with it and headaches they sent me for a MRI and I was diagnosed with trigeminal Neuralgia, basically it's facial nerve pain and it's agonyy face is sore and feels bruised when it happens, not sayin this is what u have although it isn't dangerous just painful but just wanted to Let u no ur not alone x

Uh, that's a nasty piece of work, that one. :( Luckily they do surgeries now to correct things when pain becomes really an issue...Hang in there!

Havefaithx
13-02-14, 22:04
Got it right now, it's agony, which made me click on the post, tablets not working but at least I no what it is now, thank u :-)

Andrash
13-02-14, 22:08
Got it right now, it's agony, which made me click on the post, tablets not working but at least I no what it is now, thank u :-)

:(

I know that wearing a scarf around your head helps sometimes, maybe try that. Sending you hugs :hugs:

And push these doctors for a surgery, it can cure the damn thing completely...

Zestyz
13-02-14, 22:12
Thanks for all the comments :) I have headaches daily but think that's stress.

Havefaithx
13-02-14, 22:17
Thank u, this rubbish weather doesn't help! Roll on summer it'll cheer us all up :-)

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

It could b sinuses, they cause headaches, it could be from clenching ur jaw, which will cause Psin in your face and headaches. But honestly Hun if you are worried or even just in pain and are not satisfied with what your go had diagnosed go back.

Andrash
13-02-14, 22:18
Thank u, this rubbish weather doesn't help! Roll on summer it'll cheer us all up :-)

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

It could b sinuses, they cause headaches, it could be from clenching ur jaw, which will cause Psin in your face and headaches. But honestly Hun if you are worried or even just in pain and are not satisfied with what your go had diagnosed go back.

Yeah, it's disgusting, rain all the time. Before that it was snow :D

eccat
19-02-14, 16:45
I've also got the ache....just realised I've been biting my cheek. Anyone know how I could stop this?