PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! constant 110 to 120 bpm. sick as a dog.

Koalabear1992
13-02-14, 21:13
So I'm really freaked. My resting hr for the last day and a half is 110 to 120. I'm sick with food poisoning. Is it going to keep increasing!? I took a clonidine and a Tylenol... am I going to die??? Is this bad??? I can feel it in my chest and it makes me cough. I'm in NYC with my fiance and we walk everywhere. Could that kill me??? Is that a dangerous hr??? I'm just really freaked out because my hr won't go down...

Havefaithx
13-02-14, 21:51
It is a little higher than average, are u panicking? If u r panicking it will make your heart rate higher mine has been 140bpm before, can u speak to a dr/nurse for advice? X

Althea
13-02-14, 22:35
Walking everywhere is not going to kill you. I'd suggest you dial back the walking around until you're through with your bout of food poisoning, though!

You are not going to die from having a heart rate of 120. You are more likely to make yourself miserable by constantly testing your heart rate, though--can you find something else to do when you get anxious?

Koalabear1992
14-02-14, 04:47
No. Not anxious at all. It has been 110 to 120 since about 2 days ago. Its literally constant. Not sure what to do about it.

roxy90
14-02-14, 10:32
You need to drink plenty of fluids as a high heart rate could mean you're a little dehydrated, very possible if you have food poisoning.

Walking everywhere will obviously increase your heart rate. So will worrying about said heart rate. Just to give you an idea when my best friend was very with a ruptured bowel his heart rate was 160-200bpm. If it was something serious, it would be massively high, not just a little.

You won't die, just put your feet up!

Althea
14-02-14, 14:12
No. Not anxious at all. It has been 110 to 120 since about 2 days ago. Its literally constant. Not sure what to do about it.

Stop taking it. That's what you should do about it. It's telling you nothing useful and making you unhappy.

You may be so inured to anxiety that you don't recognize it when you have it, but somebody who posts "am I going to die??? Is this bad??? ... Could that kill me??? Is that a dangerous hr??" is indeed anxious. If you do CBT, try using some of the tools you've learned there to distract yourself.

Hope you're over the food poisoning by now!

Female healthanxiety
14-02-14, 15:04
I agree with Althea, stop taking your pulse!

Just for your information - my resting HR is between 80-100 when I am perfectly fine!

The more you take it the faster it will get - Believe me!

Stop worrying about it -- try and take your mind of it - paint your nails, watch a girly movie and yes try and drink at least a glass of water every hour.

Hope you feel better soon... x