PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is running circles around me

violet33
13-02-14, 23:42
You know, I've been having a ridiculous amount of anxiety. It just keeps hopping from one fear to another, like some wild merry go round I want off of, but I can't seem to get off. I had for a while posted here about mild headaches that were going on for about two & a half yrs. THEN AFTER that madness, which didn't really end, but improved , I have ibs & my stomach is incredibly sensitive, which is another problem. Then I start catastrophizing over the stomach sensitivity being some serious problem . I know in my heart it isn't, but when I'm in the midst of PANIC ATTACK, every horror under the sun enters my mind . Now I can't drink coffee , which is going to trigger caffeine withdrawal symptoms, because coffee will start up ibs symptoms. How do I control this anxiety ? I take Xanax which helps , but lately I feel this anxiety is taking over my life.

Montana2
14-02-14, 01:11
Violet, I am looking for answers here too. Many health anxieties at once. Not just for me but my entire family. I don't know how to work with this either. I have been hyperventilating often too. Does that happen to you? You are not alone friend, we are all here to support each other.

Leslie735
14-02-14, 03:14
Stopping caffeine will most likely give you headaches for a few days to a week but please know that is completely normal so don't let it get to you.I have a sensitive stomach as well since having my gallbladder out. I have to be careful about amount of fat I put in my body. Anxiety by itself causes my stomach to act up as well. *hugs*

tan235
14-02-14, 08:10
oh boy I hear you, wish I could help but my anxiety is all over me like a hideous rash.
I'm over it as well ....

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 ----------

Oh Montana2 I spent 3 weeks hyperventilating all the time it was horrible.

violet33
14-02-14, 13:27
Hi montana 2 , I've had hyperventilating also at times & then I catastrophize it's heart related or done other lovely illness . There's a site. I don't know exact name but if you google anxiety symptoms, it has a long list of symptoms can trigger all throughout body. Physical & mental. & emotional . The hyperventilating is most likely just anxiety or you'd have other problems if something worrisome . Hope this was helpful .

Montana2
14-02-14, 18:31
Thank you Violet, how are you doing today?

violet33
18-02-14, 03:05
Montana2 I meant to get back to you sooner. I'm doing better. I don't even want to think about the next panic attack which I fear is inevitable . For now I'm ok . Thank You for your responses. & concern. I very much appreciate it as I'm alone with this fear quite often & need support system. & feedback. This site does help me .