PDA

View Full Version : New job

oscar1
13-02-14, 23:52
I interviewed for a new job today, and was told straight away that I got it. I start on Monday, and while I am excited my anxiety has come back almost immediately. It's my first job in 2 and a half years, and I feel completely ready to go back, it's just I don't want the anxiety and panic to creep back in as it has before. I haven't been on medication for over a year, and don't want to oh back, only forwards. Any advice? I've already had an awful nights sleep last night and fear the same for the next few weeks.

Oosh
14-02-14, 08:24
Well done !

It's gonna be scary, that's natural. Keep your mind constructive. Confidence comes with feeling prepared. Anticipate what the next days WORK holds and be as ready as possible for THAT. Don't let your mind naturally start to worry about the other things you could worry about if you let your mind wander.

Contribute a little bit each day to let people see you're friendly and ok and soon enough you'll be living the reality of the job and not the worrying job you imagine before you get there and everything will be ok and maybe even enjoyable.

Stay focused !
Constructive thoughts only on !

You sound confident to me. I think you're gonna be ok.

angel1985
14-02-14, 21:40
Congratulations and remember, it is totally normal to feel nervous or anxious about starting a new job. What may help is to ensure you have everything you need beforehand and stay organized. Think positive (I am lucky to have this opportunity there are many people who are struggling to find a job, I am lucky) Also get up extra early and arrive at work early. This should ease you as you will not feel as tho you must rush.

oscar1
14-02-14, 23:22
Thanks for replying guys, one of the main things that is making me anxious is that the job is in the evenings, so I will be finishing at about 11, and then getting the train home by myself. I know there will probably be a lot of people around but it's still making me nervous. I am infact female despite my screen name, lol. My mum said that she will pick me up from the station when she can, but it still makes me very nervous.