PDA

View Full Version : ridiculous now

Kmccluskey
14-02-14, 00:15
keep getting these sporadic chest pains, they feel like my heart squeezes, they feel like somebody crushes my heart, I feel upper body pressure and all sorts. like they usually last a few seconds but are really intense , it's hard for me to believe I don't have artery narrowings in my heart. I'm seeing a physciatrist tomorrow to have an evaluation as things are just ridiculous now . sometimes I'm just sitting minding my own business and a massive heart pain comes and sometimes I jus feel like my upper body is being pressured severely. everyday I have weird heart pains and it's just hard for me to accept it's all in my head as I seem to get worse. has anybody experienced these horrible heart pains ?.i I have so many symtpoms of heart disease and was wondering if anxiety can just create all these.
thanks
kieron

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 02:46
Hey Kieron-
I do get lots of chest/heart pains….some are so bad they take my breath away and go clear through to my back. I'm not worried about them as I don't have HA….just a very overactive sympathetic nervous system.

But, don't "sell your anxiety short" so to speak……it isn't all in your head. You ARE having very real, very painful heart symptoms……..it's just that they aren't dangerous. They are the result of your sympathetic nervous system sending out too much adrenaline and the terrible feelings that causes. Not dangerous, and you definitely want to get treatment (for anxiety) so they will stop,…..but harmless, none the less.

Hang in there- tomorrow's appt takes you another day closer to RECOVERY!!!