PDA

View Full Version : Bad Taste in Mouth

Trbfan
14-02-14, 01:25
Hi, I have a symptom that is really bothering me in the last week. Last thursday I started developing a bad taste in my mouth, last friday it became a rotten taste that I've only had with an infection before from wisdom teeth removal. It started friday and it was a very strong putrid taste, I began using every home remedy I could find throughout the day on a revolving basis. Sal****er, garlic, honey, mouthwash, apple cider vinegar. Between friday and sunday night the taste went down..i'd say 60%, Monday I'd say it was gone 70% and I could only really taste it when I touched that area (upper left a couple teeth back) in my gum, or when I drank water. I was happy with it going away, but the last 3 days it was just lingered...not able to taste it all the time, but still when I drink and occasionally lean on that area of my cheek. Im worried that if its a gum infection that it could spread or become serious, even if its not as bad as it was. I have felt kinda weak and kinda sick the last couple days, occasional slightly feeling heart beat, and sometimes feeling cold (no fever). I'd like t go to the dentist but my parents don't like it because its expensive, but I am concerned about this. At what point should I be worried, I heard when you have a fever which I dont, I am continuing the natural treatments, but I really dont know what to do...I know its giving me anxiety really badly.

tan235
14-02-14, 07:57
hmm it could be white spot on tonsils .... they are caused by rotting food, I get them, they stink, they are so gross.
When you brush your teeth or floss is there blood, it doesn't sound like anything to bad to me, the feeling weak and sick could be a million things, a slight cold ( which would explain the gross smell - sinuses) anxiety .... I would just brushing your teeth and use mouth wash, also make sure you drink enough water. If you have it after 2 weeks get your parents to take you to a dentist .... but if you have no real mouth pain then it could be anything - benign.

Trbfan
14-02-14, 08:12
I had maybe a very slight tenderness when I chewed something hard on the top of left of my mouth in this area..and about a month ago..it would start bleeding quite a lot for me if I knicked it with a brush..I thought that was odd, but it had actually stopped doing that before this taste. I dont really notice any pain now. Maybe something very very small when I chew, but I dont notice anything most of the time.

tan235
14-02-14, 08:13
Do you still have your wisdom teeth?
If you do I highly suspect that would be it, i had to get mine taken out and boy gross.... the stench was awful and it was really sensitive.

Trbfan
14-02-14, 08:21
I had my wisdom teeth taken out 2 years ago...and this taste is the same taste I got after the wisdom teeth extraction..only other time i've had it.

Trbfan
15-02-14, 06:44
Another update on my mouth since its still got me concerned. Its still about the same as its been last couple days. Taste generally very little to nothing most of the day except for when I eat or drink I'll taste it sometimes. Visually..the site certainly looks better than it did a few days ago. I am still very nervous about it spreading and causing serious issues as I have felt weak the last 3 days a bit..no fever though. Stomach has been upset and gassy but I believe that is from the raw garlic. I have continused the rinsing of the site with water, also using apple cider vinegar, normal mouthwash, and sal****er multiple times a day. Also still taking raw garlic and elderberry. I called my dentist today because though its better I am concerned about the fact that its not gone away totally. Of course they aren't in today and won't be in until monday so I gotta wait another 2 full days which makes me nervous. I also tried to use the warm moist teabag today but I wasnt sure how I should have used it or how long it should be in.