PDA

View Full Version : Very worried about stomach?

anxious_thoughts
14-02-14, 02:48
The last two weeks have been very bad as I've been having on and off stomach cramps, bloating, and lots of gas. I am a week and a half late for my period but have taken two pregnancy tests which both came out negative. Almost two weeks ago I started to have really bad cramping, pain in upper and lower stomach, lots of gas, and a bloating feeling although my stools were okay in colour and I wasn't constipated. These symptoms died down after about a week, this whole week I have been stomach pain free but now all of a sudden I am feeling pains again.

I was at the grocery store around 3 hours ago when I started to experience a pain in the right upper part of my stomach, it happens before my belly button. First thing I thought of was my appendix, but I don't think it's in the right area as it's lower. The pain doesn't worsen with movement, or when I press on it. But it does hurt more when I squeeze my stomach fat in that area. I am also now experiencing short sharp but not too painful pain that comes and goes and seems to be on my right side under my ribs. I'm really worried :( never really had this before, I also feel gassy, but I am worried it's my appendix. Anyone?

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 03:08
Hey Jenn,

I don't believe it is your appendix by the symptoms you have listed, but I am not a doctor. ….I know there is a lot of talk of IBS around here, and that anxiety sufferers deal with that quite often….

I was curious- are you doing anything to treat your anxiety? It seems to be ramping up a bit as you have several different areas of worry right now (per your threads), and you are such a beautiful, young woman…..I just don't want to see you waste precious time in your life over needless worries…… :hugs:

anxious_thoughts
14-02-14, 03:14
Hello, thank you so much for replying.

I'm hoping it's anything but my appendix, do you know if IBS symptoms are something like i have listed? I am trying to stop googling things so I don't want to make things worse by searching the symptoms. :( lol

I'm actually doing CBT e-counselling, but for the last 3 weeks I have been experiencing so many symptoms that I feel like I'm going insane.

You're so very sweet! I'm really wasting my time worrying, I never used to be like this, wish I could go back to before my anxiety really kicked in

thank you again :hugs:

RoseEve
14-02-14, 03:22
I've had the pains you are experiencing. I had IBS and to me it sounds like trapped gas. Gas pains are horrible. They can be stabbing pains. IBS can cause trapped gas. Try rubbing your stomach area in a clockwise movement that helps me. If it were your appendix you would most likely be vomiting. Also my period is like 2 weeks once every year. It's normal. Feel better Jenn :hugs:

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 03:26
This might help….http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/ibs/
(And, you are doing the right thing staying off of Google…..HA or not- that is just throwing gasoline on a fire.)

Have you seen a doctor to discus your anxiety? One thing that is certain….if you can get treatment immediately it will help immensely in a more speedy recovery.

Is your anxiety basically health anxiety?

I do think it would be very beneficial to talk to your doctor, because as your anxiety level raises you are going to become more and more sensitized to every little thing that naturally goes on in your body- and you will give yourself more and more reasons to worry.

anxious_thoughts
14-02-14, 03:32
thank you so much for always replying to my posts Rose, you're so helpful!!
Hoping that it's all just trapped gas.I bet stressing over all of this isn't helping my period either haha

thanks again :hugs:

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

This might help….http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/ibs/
(And, you are doing the right thing staying off of Google…..HA or not- that is just throwing gasoline on a fire.)

Have you seen a doctor to discus your anxiety? One thing that is certain….if you can get treatment immediately it will help immensely in a more speedy recovery.

Is your anxiety basically health anxiety?

I do think it would be very beneficial to talk to your doctor, because as your anxiety level raises you are going to become more and more sensitized to every little thing that naturally goes on in your body- and you will give yourself more and more reasons to worry.

I will look at the link, thank you
I have spoken to two doctors about my anxiety and last summer I had face to face counselling but had to stop because of my busy schedule. Comparing e-counselling and regular counselling I have to say it's the exact same. I like e-counselling better because I feel that I am able to express myself easily.

My anxiety is all around my health, it's mostly brain tumour anxiety. But in the last 3 weeks that hasn't even been my main problem

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 03:34
Would you consider looking into medication to help your anxiety as you work through your therapy? From what I have researched a combination of the two has the best outcome.

anxious_thoughts
14-02-14, 03:35
Also, reading the symptoms on the link...lots of my symptoms are very related to IBS

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

I really don't want to take medication

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-02-14, 03:43
I understand about the medication. I didn't want to take anything either, but I reached such a crisis state I was willing to try anything.

It might be worth it to set up an appt with your GP to discuss your anxiety further, and your possible IBS…..

anxious_thoughts
14-02-14, 03:50
I will think of medication as a last resort, thank you for your opinion though. I know that it can help, I'm just worried about side effects

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 12:39
How's that therapy going Jenn? You seem to have been having a lot of symptoms lately :(

Positive thoughts

Tanner40
14-02-14, 12:45
Jenn, I would never attempt to talk someone into medication if they didn't want to take it. What you said though rang bells for me. You don't want to take the medication because you're afraid of the symptoms. Medication symptoms are generally short term. HA symptoms can last forever. You can't possibly have more symptoms than you're having now.
Being afraid and avoiding something that could possibly help you is not the answer.

anxious_thoughts
15-02-14, 17:58
How's that therapy going Jenn? You seem to have been having a lot of symptoms lately :(

Positive thoughts

It's coming along, I guess I'm just having a bad week :(

---------- Post added at 12:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Jenn, I would never attempt to talk someone into medication if they didn't want to take it. What you said though rang bells for me. You don't want to take the medication because you're afraid of the symptoms. Medication symptoms are generally short term. HA symptoms can last forever. You can't possibly have more symptoms than you're having now.
Being afraid and avoiding something that could possibly help you is not the answer.

I totally understand what you mean, Tanner. You have a good point

mbarger33
15-02-14, 18:42
I am still feeling this way as you described. There's a product I use here in the states, looks like you are from canada? It's called "Gas X" I take it in combination with belly rubs to try and move that gas out.. I'm a guy so I can't relate to the period portion however I do know that stress can delay your cycle. And because of that delay you may be experiencing the bloating that comes with that time of the month.

any how I've learned with HA that if you can take something and the pain or issue goes away then it's most likely anxiety related .

However like all things if symptoms persist it's always better to get checked out, especially since you've got free medical up there.

Best of luck try some gas reducers like beano or gas x if you have something like that.

I'm not a doctor and you should read labels with OTC meds just saying it works for me.

greggs92
15-02-14, 18:45
The last two weeks have been very bad as I've been having on and off stomach cramps, bloating, and lots of gas. I am a week and a half late for my period but have taken two pregnancy tests which both came out negative. Almost two weeks ago I started to have really bad cramping, pain in upper and lower stomach, lots of gas, and a bloating feeling although my stools were okay in colour and I wasn't constipated. These symptoms died down after about a week, this whole week I have been stomach pain free but now all of a sudden I am feeling pains again.

I was at the grocery store around 3 hours ago when I started to experience a pain in the right upper part of my stomach, it happens before my belly button. First thing I thought of was my appendix, but I don't think it's in the right area as it's lower. The pain doesn't worsen with movement, or when I press on it. But it does hurt more when I squeeze my stomach fat in that area. I am also now experiencing short sharp but not too painful pain that comes and goes and seems to be on my right side under my ribs. I'm really worried :( never really had this before, I also feel gassy, but I am worried it's my appendix. Anyone?

anxiety does effect the digestive system, so I am sure it's not your appendix, just symptoms of anxiety - nothing to worry about, they will go overtime and are all completely harmless :)

greggs92
16-02-14, 21:38
I hope your stomachs been okay today? :)

anxious_thoughts
16-02-14, 21:50
I am still feeling this way as you described. There's a product I use here in the states, looks like you are from canada? It's called "Gas X" I take it in combination with belly rubs to try and move that gas out.. I'm a guy so I can't relate to the period portion however I do know that stress can delay your cycle. And because of that delay you may be experiencing the bloating that comes with that time of the month.

any how I've learned with HA that if you can take something and the pain or issue goes away then it's most likely anxiety related .

However like all things if symptoms persist it's always better to get checked out, especially since you've got free medical up there.

Best of luck try some gas reducers like beano or gas x if you have something like that.

I'm not a doctor and you should read labels with OTC meds just saying it works for me.

Thank you for the reply :)
I know we have Gas X here so I will try some to see if it works. I'm now wondering if it's IBS since I'm still experiencing pains

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

I hope your stomachs been okay today? :)

Hello, sorry I haven't replied sooner. I didn't see your posts.

My stomach has been on and off today, thanks for asking
I'm not too sure if it could be anxiety related, I'm now thinking maybe IBS...of course I'm too nervous to go get it checked out:doh: