PDA

View Full Version : Brain worries

Ventussi
14-02-14, 11:20
Hello, so after a few months without HA here it comes again. For a few days I have strange headaches at one place, not the whole head. And the pain is strange, because it comes for a few seconds and goes without a trace. I do something and for a few seconds it hurts kind of bad, like a lot of pressure in that place, and after a few seconds it disappears completely. There aren't any other symptoms, only this one. I wonder if it has anything to do with my lifestyle, which is rather sitting in front of the computer. Nevertheless, I'm scared again :weep:

RoseEve
14-02-14, 12:12
Is it like a stabbing pain? I get this sometimes.

Ventussi
14-02-14, 12:18
Stabbing? I dont know. I wouldnt call it stabbing. Its not like someone stabbed me in my head. Rather like pulling or pushing hard.

RoseEve
14-02-14, 12:30
A pressure feeling? I've had this too. It's tension. I've had all sorts of headaches. That type of headache can last several days. Mine sometimes last longer than a week. It's the muscles in that area are tight. See if you can take a hot bath and put a hot washcloth around your neck. The neck muscles cause the muscles in your head to tighten so if your relax the neck it may help. It works for me. Don't go crazy with the pain medicine they can cause rebound headaches. Feel better.

Alex94
14-02-14, 12:34
Do you recall bumping your head recently? I had something similar with very unpleasant, a few secs-lasting pain and after some time recalled that I had bumped that exact place on a shelf.

PS. I'm from PL too:)

Ventussi
14-02-14, 12:38
Actually i did bump but slightly lower and it was 2 months ago so i dont think i would connect these two things. So I think it's tension, becausr when I lie on a bed it doesnt hurt at all.

Alex94
14-02-14, 12:42
There's nothing to worry about then. Even if you had a non-tension headache, you got anxious about it and now you may be having tension headaches in the same place. It's all in our mind, so to speak

Ventussi
14-02-14, 15:24
Thanks for the responses.

BTW., pozdrawiam rodaka ;)

Leslie735
14-02-14, 17:08
I use to get these headaches called "ice pick" headaches. They would come out of nowhere, last a few seconds and go. Far as I know they are nothing to worry about.