PDA

View Full Version : Sick of this throat thing

Hypo
14-02-14, 17:13
Feeling like a hair is stuck down there. Feeling like some food is stuck there etc.

I have had this off and on for two years. I had months without it and then it has came back.

I can swallow things fine and I have no neck lumps so I assume this is another symptom in my head?

I went to the GP about it 18 months ago and she checked me over and said it was anxiety.

I think I might go back to the GP again just in case.

I do keep clearing my throat all the time so now I am wondering how much of it is just irritation.

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 17:18
Acid reflux and globus go hand in hand with each other and are a common complaint/ailment of anxiety sufferers.

Positive thoughts

Hypo
14-02-14, 17:22
Yeah. I am not so much worried just really annoyed by it.

I have now developed a bloody habit of clearing my throat and grunting and then keep forgetting I am doing it in public.

I know when I am busy I don;'t feel it, I know that cancer symptoms don't come and go.

I have a little fear there but mostly just annoyance. I need to see my GP for my three monthly thyroid check so will mention it again to see if there might be some acid reflux going on although I think it is more likely in my head.

I have made huge steps. I have took a step backwards this last two weeks but lots of changes in my life is probably the course of this. I have a new job and any big change is a trigger. I will get back to where I was again :)

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 17:28
Do you take an acid reducer?... it may help with it. Heck, I just have a bad stomach in general and take an OTC generic Zantac 150 twice a day to keep the indigestion at bay.

Positive thoughts

Hypo
14-02-14, 17:29
Oh and my mouth lesion thing still hasn't changed in the last 3 months.

No I don't take anything. Maybe I will start.

Framer
14-02-14, 21:58
I've been dealing with the same thing since just before Christmas. It's getting better ever so slowly. I can relate to how annoying it is. I asked me dentist about it on Tuesday this week. She said my throat looks healthy.

I've had a lot of stress lately. I've woken up a couple times during the night lately and noticed some indigestion, so acid reflux seems very plausible.

-Framer

greggs92
14-02-14, 22:02
Yeah I now know that this is a common symptom of anxiety, I remember having this during my anxiety days, It will go overtime - trust me :)

Dexterjames
14-02-14, 22:05
Just started getting it and its driving me nuts.