PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about losing control - holding breath

Bexx1
14-02-14, 19:09
Hi everyone
Im having a really awful intrusive thought at the moment about losing control. I keep worrying that Im going to hold my breath. I don't want to but im scared of doing it until I pass out and then waking up and doing it again. I know its silly but I have this fear of doing it and of my life becoming hold breath, pass ou, hold breath pass out and Im really scared. I know deep down but its really scaring me. I was getting better with it as someone told me you would force yourself to breathe before you passed out but then I thought about when kids hold their breath until they pass out and now im terrified again and scared of doing it and it then damaging my health. I know its stupid but its really scaring me please help

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 19:18
I'm sorry you're feeling bad and worried but I'm really struggling to wrap my mind around this :(

Positive thoughts

Bexx1
14-02-14, 19:45
do you mean you dont understand what i mean fishmanpa?

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:21 ----------

basically i remember hearing about how kids would hold their breath until they pass out and now thats a fear of mine im scared i will hold my breath until i pass out basically it is a fear of losing control

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 19:53
Oh No... I understand what you mean. Little kids do this on purpose when they're throwing a temper tantrum. Most of the time, they never get that far due to our body's involuntary response to breathe.

So being that it would be an actual conscience decision to hold your breath and "not" breathe, why in God's name would you even do this? And what makes you think you would or could actually do this over and over?

Positive and very baffled thoughts

Bexx1
14-02-14, 20:02
I think what is scaring me is it is my conscious decision like right now I could hold my breath. And its like a fear of losing control so in a sense going mad and not being able to say i dont want to hold my breath and instead doing it until I pass out simply because I can. Right now Im really scared about making a concious decision to hold my breath even though I dont want to its almost like im scared of doing it to prove to myself i can make myself pass out. Its really hard to explain but I think dee down its a fear of losing control