PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy anxiety

cattia
14-02-14, 19:23
I have recently found out I am pregnant with my third child. I'm delighted about this but I am finding it all so stressful. You'd think after doing it twice already I would be more relaxed but I'm not. For the past few days I have been having increasing pregnancy symptoms, but today I have nothing, I just feel totally normal. I am so worried that the baby has stopped growing and I won't find out until my first scan (I have booked a private scan for Feb 25th when I will be 8 weeks). I have been reading on a pregnancy forum and it seems really common for women to lose babies and not find out until Tue scan, and I know that losing symptoms can be the first sign of miscarriage. My husband is away for the next week and I am on my own all week with the kids so I am going to fjnd it even harder. I just wish I could go to the scan right now, at least if something is wrong I would rather know.

RoseEve
14-02-14, 20:41
I think all women have this fear. I know I have. A missed miscarriage like you are describing is very rare. 1% of miscarriages is a missed miscarriage. That's the thing about the lovely internet is that it makes these rare things seem common. You know as you get further along in the first trimester the intitail symptoms fade. This is totally normal. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Enjoy it I'm jealous because I'm done having babies and loved being pregnant! :)

roxy90
14-02-14, 20:42
I know how you feel. I've never done pregnancy with health anxiety, my first was a breeze now I worry about every tiny single thing :(

Fishmanpa
14-02-14, 20:47
All I'm going to say is Congratulations!! This is a time to be very happy. I'm sure all is fine so enjoy :)

Positive thoughts

Andrash
14-02-14, 21:15
Congratulations! Rejoice! :)

Lin71
14-02-14, 22:19
If it makes you feel any better, I'd cut off my left arm to be in your position.

Relax and enjoy being pregnant, congratulations! xx

cattia
15-02-14, 07:40
Thanks everyone. Lin, if you are trying for a baby I wish you the very best of luck with it. I know I am lucky. It has never been difficult for me to get pregnant and my husband says if this pregnancy doesnt work out we will just try again but I just want everything to be ok!

Lin71
15-02-14, 12:33
Thanks honey, I tried for ten years, it's not going to happen now...and although, yes, I would give my left arm, I'm sure if it did happen I'd be a nervous wreck too!

Try not to worry, not having symptoms is not uncommon it doesn't mean anything is wrong especially so early on. There are many women who don't even realise they're pregnant till they're a lot further on!

Everything will be fine xx

roxy90
15-02-14, 15:23
I had no symptoms in my first pregnancy had my first scan at 25weeks! So that's nothing to worry about. I know its hard though, with health anxiety it is ten times worse, I am sure we will both be okay though, and babies of course :).

Lin my heart goes out to you and I sincerely hope that one day you get your wish. X

Lin71
15-02-14, 20:44
Thank you Roxy, appreciate that x

GlassPinata
15-02-14, 20:59
For whatever it's worth, I had my third child at age 39.
I already had two grown children at the time, and even a grandchild.
I had not been pregnant in over twenty years.
Needless to say, my anxiety was extreme, crippling.
In the end, I declined all the tests that are recommended for older moms, to see if the fetus has genetic defects. I simply could not bear to know.
It turned out to be my easiest pregnancy, easiest delivery, and my son was born healthy and fine. He is now a healthy toddler.
I know it is difficult when you have health anxiety, but please trust your body on this.
If you were healthy enough to conceive, chances are you are healthy enough to bear a healthy child, and come through it just fine. Sometimes you just have to let go and trust. I know it's hard. I am here to talk if you need someone to talk to.
In fact, just this month my husband and I decided we will try for baby #4, and I am 41 years old now!
If we manage it this month, then you and I will be in the same boat!
Anyway, try not to make yourself sick with worry.

cattia
16-02-14, 07:44
Thank you everyone, I hope all is ok. Lin, I really hope things work out for you. I know you must feel like there is no hope but strange things happen. A friend of mine fried for over yen years, went through two rounds of failed IVF and ended up conceiving naturally after giving up hope of having a family. She now has two children. Another friend of mine has adopted two gorgeous boys after trying for many years. All the best to you.
Thanks GlassPinata for such a lovely encouraging story!

Lin71
16-02-14, 22:13
Thanks Cattia :hugs:

Feel bad that your post has turned into a sympathy thread for me! But I really appreciate all the kind comments, thank you. We will all be fine xx :)