PDA

View Full Version : Recovered after 20 years! Please read

Dan1975
15-02-14, 00:38
Hi All,

I NEVER thought I would say this, but I have. I'm 38 and have lived with general anxiety for 20 years. But you know what, I am 90% recovered. It's been a slow healing process - has taken a couple of years since seeing the light - but i am pretty much there.

I am posting this because tonight I heard a song that reminded me of my dark days. Days when I felt like I was destined for eternal misery. I used to read the threads in the success stories forum and thought 'that will never be me'. But guess what, it is!

I want to share with you the two things that changed my life. The first is this this http://nothingworks.weebly.com. The second is this http://www.thehappinesstrap.com - the book that is.

The first gave me an understanding I never had before. I cried like I have never cried before when reading this. I finally felt understood. This was the gateway to the second, a book based on ACT - Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.

Guys, this worked for me. Please give it a go.

The key is...understanding, plus not fighting it anymore. Believe me, that is the answer!!!!!!!! Relief is here in this post.

Thanks and good luck,

Dan

cymraig_chris
15-02-14, 02:32
:yahoo:

Pipkin
15-02-14, 08:03
:yahoo:

Dan,

Just in case you didn't know, cymraig_chris (Chris) wrote Nothing Works. I agree, it's fantastic :D

Pip

Dan1975
15-02-14, 19:50
Dan,

Just in case you didn't know, cymraig_chris (Chris) wrote Nothing Works. I agree, it's fantastic :D

Pip

I didn't know that. Chris, you're a legend mate! The letter was the start for me.

cymraig_chris
15-02-14, 20:10
Glad to help buddy. No problem.

I've never read the happiness trap ... Sounds interesting as part of my research.

I'm currently looking at combining the strategy in my letter with fast acting NLP and EFT techniques to combine with a new approach to meditation hypnosis.

I'm looking at two versions ... The relaxation version and the on-the-go (non-hypnosis) version.

Both audio files.

Like all people on this site, I'm a perfectionist, so I'll be another 6 months developing them ... Hopefully when finished I'll be able to produce something that can remove anyone's anxiety in days. That's the goal anyway ... I'm aiming high.

It will obviously be free of charge.

To design it I have researched:

DR Claire Weekes
DR David Burns
DR David Carbonell
Eastern Philosophy
Plato
Bill Hicks
The Linden Method
Panic Away
EFT
TFT
Matrix Reprinting
Eckhart Tolle
The Dalai Lama
Mooji
NLP
CBT
Benny Hill
Zen
Upunishadism
Christianity
Christian Gnosticism
Gary Van Warmerdam
Zoroastrianism
Buddhism
Hypnosis
Meditation
And a few more things.

I'm ripping out the junk and finding only the scientific common denominators whilst factoring in the placebo and nocebo.

Of course there will be plenty of knob-gags.

I'm quite excited.

Phuzella
15-02-14, 20:29
That's a mighty fine list you got there Chris:)

LunaLiuna
15-02-14, 20:53
Oh my, I've just seen the list that you have researched. Seeing names like Plato, Mooji, hicks, tolle and the dalai lama in one list has made me incredibly interested in your work cymraig Chris!

I'd like to reccomend you read any of Ram Dass's books to add to your research :)

Spondoolicks
15-02-14, 20:59
I'm a huge fan of nothing works. Before I fell on my arse this week I was doing very well with the methods on the letter. Intend on dusting myself off and starting again. It's brilliant!

cymraig_chris
15-02-14, 21:12
Oh my, I've just seen the list that you have researched. Seeing names like Plato, Mooji, hicks, tolle and the dalai lama in one list has made me incredibly interested in your work cymraig Chris!

I'd like to reccomend you read any of Ram Dass's books to add to your research :)

I'll read Ram Dass, thanks.

Also Thich Nhat Hanh 'No Death, No Fear' is worth a read.

And 'miracle in the andes' by Nando Parrado.

And Touching the Void by Joe Simpson.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

The main difficulty with Claire Weekes, David Carbonell and my letter is the lack of addressment to to emotional nullification of negative memory, that's where NLP and EFT are super duper effective. In fact you can do it while lying in bed drinking tea. Which then makes the Weekes, Carbonell, my letter a relative breeze.

Pipkin
15-02-14, 21:53
The main difficulty with Claire Weekes, David Carbonell and my letter is the lack of addressment to to emotional nullification of negative memory, that's where NLP and EFT are super duper effective.

Chris,

You should definitely have a read of the Happiness Trap - it deals with this as one of its core concepts and it should help with your research.

Pip

P.S. Benny Hill?!

cymraig_chris
15-02-14, 21:58
Ill check it out, to see if there is anything I have missed.

Thanks Pipkin.

Yes benny hill ... The music Yakkety Axe in particular. To use in combination with the double dissociated (movie theatre) technique NLP trauma cure.

If you add the music, you scramble the memory-emotion link. This enables you to relive any personal trauma from a position of neutrality or mirth.

Neurons which fire together wire together. In other words the cortical memory neurones fired at the same time as the Limbic neurones. Hence the trauma association. We associate, the memory with fear.

If you force the memory with a comedy soundtrack, it becomes less scary, each time you do this it starts to become funny, you are firing the memory neurones in conjunction with the Limbic happiness emotion.

the next time you think of the trauma ... Eg panic attack, you laugh.

Ie the link from event to emotion is scrambled. The panic loop is compromised and the panic eliminated.

In other words you hack the amygdale with imagination.

Panic disorder is not a disorder. It is a single phobia. Of adrenaline. So any fast phobia cure can work.

So yes ... Benny hill.

In my opinion of course.

LeFi_81
16-02-14, 11:31
Yeah!!! Thank you for sharing your experiences with so much generosity. I am going to read it IMMEDIATELY!

THANK YOU!!!! :hugs:

Dan1975
16-02-14, 20:03
Glad to help buddy. No problem.

I've never read the happiness trap ... Sounds interesting as part of my research.

I'm currently looking at combining the strategy in my letter with fast acting NLP and EFT techniques to combine with a new approach to meditation hypnosis.

I'm looking at two versions ... The relaxation version and the on-the-go (non-hypnosis) version.

Both audio files.

Like all people on this site, I'm a perfectionist, so I'll be another 6 months developing them ... Hopefully when finished I'll be able to produce something that can remove anyone's anxiety in days. That's the goal anyway ... I'm aiming high.

It will obviously be free of charge.

To design it I have researched:

DR Claire Weekes
DR David Burns
DR David Carbonell
Eastern Philosophy
Plato
Bill Hicks
The Linden Method
Panic Away
EFT
TFT
Matrix Reprinting
Eckhart Tolle
The Dalai Lama
Mooji
NLP
CBT
Benny Hill
Zen
Upunishadism
Christianity
Christian Gnosticism
Gary Van Warmerdam
Zoroastrianism
Buddhism
Hypnosis
Meditation
And a few more things.

I'm ripping out the junk and finding only the scientific common denominators whilst factoring in the placebo and nocebo.

Of course there will be plenty of knob-gags.

I'm quite excited.

Wow your obviously dedicated to the cause. Thank god for people like you. I've not read any other literature on the subject, so have nothing to compare it against, but I thought The Happiness Trap was brilliant. Are you familiar with ACT?

harasgenster
22-02-14, 23:23
The key is...understanding, plus not fighting it anymore. Believe me, that is the answer!!!!!!!! Relief is here in this post.

Recovered after 14 years and ABSOLUTELY AGREE with this sentence right here. Remarkably simple once you get it. Stop trying not to feel anxious and have compassion for yourself. That's the key.

Well done, Dan, excellent job. It's all up from here for the both of us!

blue moon
23-02-14, 12:11
There is a book here in AUS called Fixing It by Bev Aisebett my husband recommends it to his clients:yesyes:It is really good.
Well done Chris:D

Petra x

Anxiousgirl23
01-01-16, 11:25
Hi all where can I purchase this book nothing works from please?
Really struggling here x

Blinkyrocket
01-01-16, 17:41
I too would like to know about the book "Nothing Works". The link appears to go to a website that is under construction.

uru
01-01-16, 18:08
No offence but NLP is pseudoscience.

I wanna get better but not with 'magic'.

Blinkyrocket
01-01-16, 19:49
NLP?

Soul Fire
01-01-16, 23:05
The Happiness Trap was a great book that I found really helpful.

---------- Post added at 23:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:04 ----------

I may be able to find the link for the nothing works article, hang on.

Edit: I can't post links so my post count is too low, but if you google 'nothing works weebly' you get a result from nomorepanic with a thread entitled 'Nothing Works - a must read!!', if you go to that thread the last post has a link to what looks like the article, however I cannot confirm this as I never saw the original.

Bonnibelle
01-01-16, 23:18
http://archive.is/http://nothingworks.weebly.com/

Hope this helps.

I have it saved on my pic.

MyNameIsTerry
05-01-16, 05:11
No offence but NLP is pseudoscience.

I wanna get better but not with 'magic'.

You won't like the 7th one on that list either, Benny Hill could easily do a better job. I've been through that particular product, which we are not allowed to discuss on here, and found plenty of flaws.