PDA

View Full Version : back and chest pain when running

RVP
15-02-14, 02:10
I been really bogged down with work over the last couple of days, on the computer nearly 10hrs a day or more for 3/4 days.
And by the end of the day my back/shoulders are killing from having poor positioning on my chair.
Today I thought I'd do exercise for the first time in god knows how many months. I do weights, but I haven't done anything cardio related for a while.
I was only going to do 15minutes jogging on the running machine and couldn't even achieve that...I did about 3/4 minutes then my back started hurting followed by my chest, then I'd walk for for a minute, start jogging again and 2minutes later pain has come back. I probably did about 8 minutes of actual running before I had to stop in case I was doing serious damage to myself or was going to end up having a heart attack or something.
I'm fine when I do weights and HR goes up when doing weights so I don't think it's heart related...and my HR when jogging was only around 140.
Could it just be related to the muscles in my upper back and shoulders? which then radiated towards my chest.