PDA

View Full Version : Eye doctor

RoseEve
15-02-14, 18:42
I'm going up the eye doctor for my yearly and I think I need to get a new script. I'm scared. I always get scared before I go to any doctor even if it's just a check up. I do have floaters which I've never had before. I know it's silly but I'm afraid he is going to suspect a brain tumor and send me to a neuro. Ugh I'm so sick of anxiety. I can't tell anyone else these fears because they make fun of me. Thanks for the support guys! This forum makes me feel so much better.

Fishmanpa
15-02-14, 19:20
The good thing is you know it's an illogical fear and it's anxiety. The worst that can happen is you'll need a stronger prescription. Think of it as an opportunity to spruce up your fashion sense with some new specs :)

Positive thoughts

cut_out_stars
15-02-14, 19:31
Hi RoseEve,

My optician doesn't ever ask about floaters (in fact I've never been asked about them) I think if there were even remotely dangerous they would ask :) I've had loads recently - I've heard they can appear when you're particularly anxious or stressed. But you'll be fine, like fishman said, the worse you'll need is a stronger prescription :)

unsure_about_this
15-02-14, 21:21
I don't think my optician has ever asked me about floaters, until last year I was unaware what I what a floater is until I found this website.

I been afraid/worried about brain tumours and other things in the last two years. I do have a condition called NF so I do need more regular eye tests I feel.

My opticians which I see asked about headaches etc.

At least you are going to the opticians/eye doctor and you probably get a changed of prescription for your eyes.

RoseEve
15-02-14, 22:43
Thanks for the support guys. I needed a new script. The doctor saw the floaters he said they are very fine nothing to worry about. I treated myself to new frames fishmanpa and top of the line lens. Glad I went!