PDA

View Full Version : Does anxiety really produce real and not imaginary symptoms ?

Gemmal
16-02-14, 17:40
I'm going out of my mind convinced I have lymphoma because I feel pain in the nodes after alcohol , I expect the pain and get nervous when I go out now can anxiety really produce this ? The nodes are not swollen I don't think ?

It's been two years of this and clear bloods but I'm still so apprehensive it's ruining my life .

Please help if you can

Althea
16-02-14, 17:54
Yes, anxiety can cause this. There's no such thing as "imaginary" pain, really. Anxiety can cause very real pain in many different places.

MRS STRESS ED
16-02-14, 18:00
Ermmm Alcohol doesnt go well with anxiety my advice dont do it :D

Fishmanpa
16-02-14, 18:01
Anxiety causes real physical symptoms. They're just not the sinister things that Dr. Google says they are.

You're saying you feel pain in your lymph nodes after alcohol. Drinking and anxiety don't mix, especially if you're on meds. If indeed, drinking is a catalyst for causing you symptoms, it would be in your best interest not to drink! Smoking is equally detrimental and totally and completely counter-productive to someone suffering form HA (not saying you smoke...just a general statement).

Positive thoughts

Hypo
16-02-14, 20:07
Two years? you don't have lymphoma.

My ex husband just died from it. You don't have it.

Gemmal
16-02-14, 22:23
Thanks for the replies I'm having a really bad night !!

I just keep convincing myself that Somethings wrong , I'm so sorry to hear about your ex husband hypo , your right I mean two years ? I should surely be dead or almost ?