PDA

View Full Version : Are these IBS symptoms?

anxious_thoughts
17-02-14, 05:55
Hello guys,

For the last three weeks now I've been experiencing on and off stomach pains, especially in lower abdominal that can be sharp, gas, bloating and nausea but that's gone. At first I thought I was pregnant when it happened the first week but then after my period became 5 days late a took two tests and they were both negative.

After about a week and a half of having all those symptoms with some diarrhea they went away for 5 days and just came back last Thursday. My period is now 11 days late. And I have almost constant dull and sometimes sharp pains in my lower abdominal which worsens with sitting. I'm not constipated, but it feels like I have to have a bowel movement. Yesterday I had some diarrhea and there was a medium sized brown blob of mucous that came with it. So now it's been almost 3 weeks with the same symptoms. Since my period is late I'm worried it's an ovarian cyst. But I also think maybe IBS. Has anyone ever had these symptoms with a missed period?

anxious_thoughts
17-02-14, 21:05
Anyone?

EnoughAlready
17-02-14, 22:35
Some of those symptoms are IBS like. Your docor can diagnose this by putting you though tests to eliminate various other things

anxious_thoughts
19-02-14, 00:49
Thank you for the response :)

anxious_thoughts
04-03-14, 22:41
Hello everyone, just bumping this back up.

So about a week and a half ago I finally got my period. But now since yesterday, this gas sensation and stomach pain has flared up again. I feel bloated, sometimes sharp pain in my lower and upper abdominal and I also feel constipated and have tons of gas in my stomach but can barely pass wind.

Any ideas?

Mummygems
05-03-14, 16:37
I too get these symptoms and mainly down my left side, but not the lack of period but stress and anxiety can cause disruption to them. I have cut out white bread and pasta etc and that seems to help with the bloating. I've also started taking a daily probiotic liquid and that has helped also. I find thru more i worry and stress about the symptoms the worse they get. A friend of mine recently had an ovarian cyst and she was in absolute agony and the symptoms came on suddenly and didn't come and go. Therefore as im not in agony and don't need painkillers, and they come and go then probably more linked to the anxiety. I hope this helps and that you feel better soon.

anxious_thoughts
06-03-14, 00:42
Thank you!!
Very informative. :) glad I'm not alone in this, the gas makes me so irritated at times. I'm thinking of going to the walk in clinic sometime this week. I tried to do a bowel movement and all came out was mucous, it was clear but had some brown colour. It also came out in a long string like thing

emlica
06-03-14, 14:54
What you've just described with the mucus can definitely happen with IBS. When mine was playing up I'd get 'globs' rather than a string, but it's the same stuff. I was told that the intestines always produce some of this and it helps things move along, but when you have IBS it over-produces it, possibly due to irritation (kind of, I guess, like your nose makes more mucus when you have a cold...?!).

mummyanxious
07-03-14, 06:31
Have you charted when this happens and for how long? Could be ovulation related beings you said it happened just over a week since you started your period? Worth looking at as hormone fluctuations can be blamed for a lot of things in my book!

HalfJack
07-03-14, 07:12
Keep a diary of what you eat AND drink and mark the days you have pain/problems etc too.
This may help you and/or Dr narrow down the problem.

anxious_thoughts
08-03-14, 00:16
Thank you everyone! I will start making a diary :)

Mummyanxious, I've also had globs! Ugh and the bloating and gas is so annoying. Today I've also felt nauseas on and off. I went to Walmart and asked if they had peppermint oil tablets but they don't sell it there. I'm going to take a run over to Shoppers Drugmart tomorrow to check if they have any. Does anyone know where you could purchase these in Canada?

---------- Post added at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

Also, is feeling nauseas common with IBS?

nomorepanic
08-03-14, 00:38
Read this page Jenn

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/ibs/

anxious_thoughts
08-03-14, 01:23
Thanks Nicola! Lots of alike symptoms.

I found some peppermint oil pills at a natural store, hoping this works lol. :)

mbarger33
18-05-14, 12:54
[QUOTE=jennclark;1288798]Thank you everyone! I will start making a diary :)

Mummyanxious, I've also had globs! Ugh and the bloating and gas is so annoying. Today I've also felt nauseas on and off. I went to Walmart and asked if they had peppermint oil tablets but they don't sell it there. I'm going to take a run over to Shoppers Drugmart tomorrow to check if they have any. Does anyone know where you could purchase these in Canada?

I buy all my supplements from vitacost.com they also shop to Canada they have excellent prices and you can even set a ship and save, this allows you to never be sorry on supplements. .

anxious_thoughts
22-05-14, 04:59
Hello MBarger!

I was in your situation a couple of months ago. I'm also in Canada and I can tell you Shoppers doesn't sell the peppermint capsules either. I went to one of those natural health stores called TNS Health Food. It's probably in any of those types of stores so I would check them out. I bought some called Pepogest and after about two weeks of taking them I was cleared and haven't had a bad case of IBS in a while. (Knock on wood) haha.
Good luck :)