PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection caused a relapse?

ankietyjoe
17-02-14, 17:19
I'm wondering if anybody else can relate to this.

2012-2013 was filled with HA, GA and every other A. Towards the middle of 2013 I used meditation to get to a much better place and was slowly getting my life back into place. Long story cut short.

3 weeks ago I developed 'man flu', which one week later turned into coughing up blood and a visit to A&E. Turned out it was at least bronchitis and possibly the earliest signs of pneumonia.

I've had literally 2 weeks flat on my back feeling as ill as I've ever felt.

I've been able to rationalise my HA, and I'm not particularly worried it's anything serious.

My GA (and depression to a certain extent) is really rearing it's head again. I'm pretty sure that laying around doing nothing for a couple of weeks hasn't helped, and the fact that night times are often filled with hugely vivid dreams that can take me an hour or two to shake after I wake up.

I'm not sure where the connection is though. I know I'm ill. I know it'll pass. I just can't shake the GA though.

It's the kind of anxiety that fills the muscles, like an overall buzzing or unpleasant sensation.

jackie13
17-02-14, 19:09
Hi Hun

Sorry to hear you are not too good at the moment:(

I've had something similar over last 3 weeks, not flu but a serious back injury, felt terrible and it started my anxiety again.

If you are like me, I am so impatient with any sort of recovery. Try and take it easy, you have obviously had a temperature so that won't help with anxiety symptoms.

Take it easy and look after yourself.

Jackie xx

foxy1110
17-02-14, 20:23
Hello,

I am also suffering a bit of relapse following a bit of a health scare last year. Up until then i had been doing very well for several years! Am hoping it is just a blip and will soon pass.

ankietyjoe
18-02-14, 11:12
Thanks guys

It is VERY frustrating as I'd just started to get back to work, and earning money again.

The mind is annoyingly telling me the anxiety and chest pounding is related to the illness, and therefore not as much in my control as my anxiety had become.