PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new to this site

Cobiboy
17-02-14, 17:21
Hi - i am 53 and have had panic/anxiety for maybe 6 years - 1st panic attack was at work - and i thought i was having a heart attack - went to dr. Who said i was ok - went back to doctor and got citalopram - i have had this medication twice for short periods over the last 6 years. About just over 1 1/2 ago panic and anxiety started again and i went back to the dr. - i dont really want medication and have been trying to control symptoms myself! Symptoms change daily Finding this very hard and if i go to dr. With anything now they just refer it back to being anxious and dont seem to think anything wrong with me! And am now very scared that something serious is wrong and i have no one to talk to about this (my husband sometimes shouts at me as he gets annoyed because he can't understand whats wrong and this just makes me more upset) and am now going back to dr. On march the 6 to just go back on medication! I am scared to take the meds incase they dont work - i dont want to do anything anymore because i feel im a nuisance to everyone so have stopped going to gym and going anywhere!! Work 4 hours a day at present - permanently on edge!

Moley
17-02-14, 18:54
hello and :welcome:

hope you find as much help and support here as I have done

almamatters
17-02-14, 19:22
Hi :welcome: to the forum.

Cobiboy
17-02-14, 20:25
Thank you for welcome - not really sure how to work this site yet as cant concentrate at present! :) shall get my daughter to help me tomorrow! - thank you

Mark13
17-02-14, 23:01
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Cobiboy
18-02-14, 19:31
Hi thank you - i have been feeling awful today - just managed to go to work - havent got doctor till 6th march - need medication! Cant sleep - hate this feelings - have so many symptoms that i have daily on and off but doctors only seem to listen to the first two symptoms!!

Deckardblues
18-02-14, 19:48
I have had many side effects with Citalopram. Sleep deprivation, poor concentration, the list goes on, and with a partner who doesnt understand to boot..

MRS STRESS ED
18-02-14, 20:25
Hello and welcome cobiboy you have come to the right place there is lots of lovely like minded peeps with plenty of help and good advice x