PDA

View Full Version : Lymphoma fears

Ventussi
17-02-14, 17:53
I have a holiday break in my college now, sitting at home, don't have to study anything and strange things are coming to my mind. I've recently come up with idea that maybe I should check my lymph nodes in my neck. And started palpating them (don't know why:weep:) and it was a bad idea. I'm a rather skinny person, 65kg, 182cm and I can feel a few lumps here and there around my neck. They're pea-sized, movable, they don't hurt at all and are like made of some gum, I mean they're not hard to touch, they're squishy. But they are still there. If only I hadn't palpated them... I would be living a normal life :weep: Now I'm scared of lymphoma, dying and even going to hell after death.

Alex94
17-02-14, 18:38
wada narodowa?:)

Don't worry. I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago - started to prod one of my neck lymph nodes and it got bigger. I had a cold at the same time. Then I did it with another one. Eventually, they got smaller, but yesterday I started prodding them again (silly!) and they got slightly bigger again. But yeah, they're very moveable, soft and still small. Oh and after 30 mins of prodding they get sore!

HA... :wall:

take care

GlassPinata
17-02-14, 19:28
It is normal to have lymph nodes, and most of us thinner people have palpable nodes in our necks (in other words, able to be felt).
They do become enlarged if you mess with them. This is also normal. They are not cancer and will not become cancerous because you mess with them. But you should stop anyway, and see a doctor if it will help put your mind at ease.