PDA

View Full Version : alcohol

phonoodle
17-02-14, 19:45
Plz help me. I think im going to die. I have to drink to feel normal. I can't eat. Do not want to see anyone unless I have had some alcohol in me. I do not want to do anything!

Fishmanpa
17-02-14, 19:57
Hi Phonoodle,

I'm sorry you're hurting :( It's well documented that drinking and anxiety don't mix, especially if you're on meds. Tobacco is also a no no just from a logical perspective (not saying you smoke but just generally).

Are you seeking any help in the form of therapy or CBT? Have you thought about AA? That would be a start.

Positive thoughts

phonoodle
17-02-14, 19:59
Hi Phonoodle,

I'm sorry you're hurting :( It's well documented that drinking and anxiety don't mix, especially if you're on meds. Tobacco is also a no no just from a logical perspective (not saying you smoke but just generally).

Are you seeking any help in the form of therapy or CBT? Have you thought about AA? That would be a start.

Positive thoughts

Thanks for the reply. No I am not seeking help nor do I have a health doctor. My anxiety is making me so depressed that I do not want to do ANYTHING. I am going insane and I do not know why...............:weep:

Fishmanpa
17-02-14, 20:04
Well.... unfortunately, no one here can reach through the screen and drag you off to the doctor or anything... ;) It comes down to you having to make a decision. Do you hurt bad enough to go get help? You're obviously hurting or you wouldn't have posted on the forum. Is there a friend, parent or relative that can help you?

Positive thoughts

Althea
17-02-14, 20:04
phonoodle, we can help some, but you really need to seek professional help. If you search for your location and "Alcoholics Anonymous," Google will find you some nearby AA meetings--that's a free place to start. If you have a doctor, make an appointment today. If you don't have a doctor, here's some guidance for finding low-cost therapy in the US: http://captainawkward.com/2011/09/22/how-to-locate-low-cost-mental-health-care-in-the-us-and-canada-guest-post/

I know it's tough to do something for yourself when the problem is you don't want to do anything. But ultimately other people can't make you save yourself--we can only point you towards tools for you to use. Please do use them--life could be so much better for you.

phonoodle
17-02-14, 21:16
Thanks for the replies. I will get onto my health insurance soon but for now I just feel alone and I don't know why. I have all the support from friends and family and especially my girlfriend but I am scared alcohol is going to kill me soon. I recently went to the hospital and the doctor said I'm fine but i have been drinking since i was 13. I don't see how my liver is fine. I am only 25 but looking at it, I have been drinking half of my life every single day...

sahara
17-02-14, 21:29
It depends on how much you are drinking. My Mum was an alcoholic and she ended up dying of lung cancer. Your liver will repair itself if you stop.

TooMuchToLiveFor
17-02-14, 22:02
Hey Pho-

I understand waiting for a doctor until your insurance kicks in, but AA is free…..and there is so much support there. Check it out. Obviously, if you have been drinking everyday since you were 13 there are some serious emotional/mental reasons. I've beaten several addictions and I am on the anxiety recovery road. PM me if you want to chat, or just holler at me through this thread…..you are worth far more than you realize.