PDA

View Full Version : Hi..new to this site

Marie36
17-02-14, 21:02
Hey..thought I would I say hi as just joined this site..been reading for a while and some of the posts have been a real source of support. I guess I have been a worrier all of my life but noticeably worse since my partner was killed in an accident 7 yrs ago. I can remember thi king 'well he won't die' because those sort of things don't happen to us and then he did. I now struggle to rationalise things at times..if my teenage son is late I think the worse and can take a normal situations into a place that I am sure others haven't even thought of!! My biggest issue is health anxiety and have had a variety of weird and wonderful symptoms...convinced myself I had MS and more recently heart problems. Luckily have a great Gp who is the right mix of support and realism. Recent episode included heart palpatations and rapid heart rate , tight chest and throat and heartburn. Am taking propranolol daily which I find works although I am constantly waitiing for symptoms which I find very stressful. The thing I find the most difficult is that before this recent episode I didn't feel anxious..life is good and much less stressful than previous years..does anybody else feel like this? I know this will pass again as other times have but in the meantime thank you for your support I am have gained from reading your posts.

Mark13
17-02-14, 22:53
Hi Marie. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.

caroline-j
20-02-14, 18:44
Hi Marie, so sorry to hear of your loss. Like you Im a born worrier. Anxiety is a horrible thing to live with. Its the physical symptoms I find the hardest. I do exercise daily i find that helps. Hope you start to feel better soon. t.c x

TooMuchToLiveFor
20-02-14, 18:46
Hey Marie,

So glad you have joined us here at NMP! It is a great site full of caring and compassionate people who can relate to what you are going through!

WELCOME!