PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling life feels like a bad dream

Bexx1
17-02-14, 21:29
Hi I have posted a lot on here recently and am seeing a councellor wednesday but im really struggling right now. I have this constant feeling of dread. I feel like im living a bad dream. Nothing feels right. All I can think about is dying. I fear it so much but now I also fear life. I just keep thinking whats the point of life? why am i here? i just dont understand and all these thoughts whir around my head i just wish it would stop! I keep trying to be positive saying you will get through this! but all i can think is whats the point? whats the point in getting through it. whats the point in anything? i am so upset im only 16 and i just dont know what to do anymore. I want to be normal and not worry i just dont understand how everyone can go about their lives not thinking at all of their purpose or death i just wish i could be like them. I feel so horrid please help me

TheGoldenTomato
17-02-14, 21:53
Hey Bexx. I'm feeling exactly the same as you right now. It's an awful nightmare of a situation that looks as if there's no escape. I feel claustrophobic in my fear of dread. I'm so sorry you feel like this too... Thinking about death, dying and the point of life is very common in anxious and panicky people. I suppose the best advice for us is to realise this response is horrible but not something we should be scared of. We need to do little things that make us happy and calmer... Heightening stress levels make us feel depressed, crazy and can give us black thoughts. Remember we're all here for you on this board. We get the same nasty ongoing feelings. Promise they won't last. *Hugs* My councellor helped me, so I imagine yours will too if you explain everything. Hang in there.

Bexx1
17-02-14, 21:58
Thank you Im sorry you feel this way too :( I just see my family around me perfectly at ease and I just dont understand it! How can they not worry about why theyre here? how can they not worry about death all the time? I just wish I could be normal and enjoy myself but my thoughts are racing :( x

TheGoldenTomato
17-02-14, 22:02
That's just it. I wonder that too. Some people seem so chilled out and at ease with life but I guarantee most of them are inwardly anxious about things too. It may be scarier for you and I because we're on edge about it and therefore can't control our thoughts as easily. We need to keep busy and distracted. Watch something funny on TV or play a game or go for a walk or see friends. Anything to stop your negative thought cycle.

Bexx1
17-02-14, 22:08
yesi suppose so. I just wish this had never happened to me

TheGoldenTomato
17-02-14, 22:55
I know hun, it's so tough. :weep: But things will get better.