PDA

View Full Version : 12 tabs in and feeling awful

jillyb
18-02-14, 09:14
First week I felt ok, was also taking diazepam. Last couple of days I've started feeling really nauseous but also panicking because I don't know if it's the tabs or my stomach. Have had tummy problems for a while now, which the GP is sure is anxiety related and have been on esomeprazole too. I felt so hopeful last week but now I feel hopeless and very low. I'm on 10 mg but should have increased to 20mg by now, but haven't. Seeing my GP on Thursday. At the moment I'm wishing I'd never started them but my HA has been out of control for a year now and have pretty much had a breakdown. This is my first time on meds as I am very pill phobic. I've also got a headache. Very fed up!

Zeitgeist
18-02-14, 09:25
I felt nauseous for about 5 days, it then stopped, it is a side effect and will pass

Gemlou78
18-02-14, 09:28
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I felt like giving the cit up yesterday because of side effects. I had a breakdown in 2010 I was on tablets for my stomach too back then. Id had cameras both ends before my breakdown. The cit does make me feel nauseous and I have (sorry tmi) runs but these were also present before the meds. I do feel more sick after taking cit though which is why I take mine right before going to sleep...so I avoid the nausea as much as poss.
I had a hyperventilating panic attack in front of my doc this time round and she put me on 20mg cit straight away (I've never had this AD before) its been rough but im not crying as much. I'm feeling more hopful today but I know tomorrow I may feel very down. I think untill our meds settle that's just how it is. I think if your doc thinks 20mg is the way to go for you then with support from here and hopefully your family you should try build up to doing it...im on 20 and no its not been fun...but I can tell my mood is trying to lift now and then xx

jillyb
18-02-14, 09:56
I forget to mention that I'm also getting these weird red marks. Not a rash but just red and only on my hands. The first time was on my inner wrist and I thought it was from my hot water bottle. Then I had it on my thumb. Sudocreme seems to make it go, but it's back on my thumb again today.

Gemlou78
18-02-14, 10:02
I'm not sure what they could be? Are they itchy/sore? I get tingly sensitive skin in the meds but no marks. I'm sure they won't be anything to worry about but you could always ring NHS direct or ask the pharmacist to settle your mind xx

SarahH
18-02-14, 14:13
My personal belief is that putting someone on to 20mgs at the beginning is a bit harsh.
I really think if you are new to SSRI's a starting dose of 10mgs is much better and allows the body to slowly get used to the drug.

I started on 2.5mgs as I know how badly I react to meds. I still had SE's from that small dose. These are strong drugs...take it easy.

Sarah

EdnaLegume
18-02-14, 15:22
I started out on 20mg. the first 3-4 weeks were rough. well the first 2 weeks were awful, but things started improving. I'm now 9 weeks in, about a week on 30mg and things are great! Finally feel normal and no anxiety aside from a few seconds of anxiety feelings if i wake in the middle of the night / early morning. Literally just a few seconds. Depression was gone very early on. I had pretty much every single side effect.

I read over and over "stick with it".. and I'm glad I did. It really will get better.

Xena1971
18-02-14, 16:58
Hi everyone I'm sorry to ask the same question again but I'm not sure what to do I' started on 10mg cit for 5 days and now 2.5 weeks on 20 mg but I have had some MASSIVE downs the past few days I want to go back down 2 10 mg again as I feel I can't take the sideeffects of 20 I haven't slept for 2 nights and just feel like crap and totally on edge all day Any advise or help would be very welcome Sorry for sounding negative Thx xx

EdnaLegume
18-02-14, 21:20
my doctor prescribed xanax for me to take when I started citalopram. I eventually switched to klonopin as it's longer acting and immediately started getting a good nights sleep. you might want to inquire about that with your doctor for something to help get you through the side effects.