View Full Version : Can't breath

KLP
18-02-14, 14:11
For a few weeks more so in the last three days, breathing has become very hard to do, every breath is an effort, strained and a struggle. Even woke a few times from my sleep last night. I don't have heart palpitations, even when relaxed its a struggle. I'm getting worried about it now . I'm off to the doctors tomorrow evening, but feels like a lifetime away when every breath consumes every part of me. I'm a professional singer (haven't gigged in a month) and know how to use my diaphragm correctly. This feels like my chest. It's physically draining as me and of course apprehensive.

I'm not anaemic, but my white Blood count is low. 2.9 fearful

HELP GUYS

TooMuchToLiveFor
18-02-14, 14:27
Hey Friend,
Have you seen this? (Taken from "Symptoms" at top left at page.)

Breathing/Shortness of breath

The hyperventilation as above plus your bronchial tubes dilate thus requiring more air than usual to fill the lungs so feels that it's taking more effort to breathe - it is , you're taking in more air at each breath.
What you feel:

You feel that your breathing is forced and laboured. You become conscious of how you are breathing and you have a hard time catching your breath. It seems like you have to force yourself to breathe, in fear that if you don't, you'll stop breathing and die. Or, for no apparent reason, you feel out of breath and find yourself doing an unusual amount of yawning in an attempt to catch your breath.
What causes this:

When stress biology changes the body, it quickens the breathing and respiration so that the individual is ready for immediate action. Unfortunately, this also means that the breathing becomes shallow in nature (unless we are physically exerting the body such as running, fighting, swimming, etc.) which results in the body not getting enough oxygen. That's why we feel out of breath. This is a natural occurring biological outcome resulting from stress biology.
Sometimes this symptom will be persistent from day to day, and other times it may appear for awhile, then disappear. Both are common. Once the nervous system calms down, you breathing will return to normal.
Also, because breathing is an automatic bodily function, you'll never have to worry about not breathing. Your body does it automatically. It may be shallow, but you'll always get enough oxygen.
Regular exercise helps to maintain regular breathing patterns.
As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

KLP
18-02-14, 14:34
Your an angel too much, when reading things within the symptoms is that, are they short lived symptoms such within a panic attack or are these symptoms that can be persistent. But I'm definitely calmer than I was three months ago. It's so frustrating. X

TooMuchToLiveFor
18-02-14, 14:40
Definitely persistent…..the panic attack can be the pot boiling over, but the pot can still be boiling away consistently…..just at a slightly lower temperature. Does that make sense at all? I am almost recovered and still have a few physical symptoms that linger almost all day, every day.

So sorry, I have to run to take my little boy to preschool, but I will check back in here with you later……I have to say when I read over those symptoms of breathing issues, it seemed as if you could be writing that paragraph. Keep reading over it if you need reassurance that what you are experiencing is normal for high stress levels in your body (even if you are feeling totally relaxed). Your nervous system is going to need time to heal and to quit pumping out that adrenaline that has your body responding as it is. (However, the fact that your body is responding the way it is- is because it is healthy, smart, and doing precisely what it is supposed to do. We just need your dragon to chill out and quit breathing fire! :hugs: )