PDA

View Full Version : Himalayan Salt

LunaLiuna
18-02-14, 17:02
Hello everyone!

I'm just posting to ask a quick question, basically is it normal to get a fairly big outbreak of spots on the neck,shoulders and hairline with this salt?

I've been using 100% Epsom(magnesium) salt in the bath for a while and only recently swapped over to Himalayan because of the sheer range of minerals it contains, there's around 84 non polluted, apparently.

I'm not going to panic, I'm just slightly curious I guess. I read that it can detox but I've ate raw vegan for almost 3 years and only recently gone back to just a simple balanced diet so I'm not too sure how it could detox so much, unless it's pulling the sertraline out of me?

I don't know, I have felt fairly tired as well but my anxiety does this and it could also be because I upped my Sert dose about a week ago, which is roughly how long I've been using this salt now.

I'm not going to use it in the bath tonight to see how things go.

Any advice/experience's would be great!

While I'm talking about Salt I'd like to reccomend Epsom salt, it really does help with all of the aches and pains,muscle tension, hair, nail and skin health. It is also great for regulating sleep, balancing pH levels and boosting the immune system :)

Thank you :yesyes:

Annie0904
18-02-14, 17:02
I have replied to your pm.

LunaLiuna
18-02-14, 17:11
I have replied to your pm.

Thank you again Annie :)

Ingenious
19-02-14, 01:11
It's worth reading this before using bath salts:

http://saveyourself.ca/articles/epsom-salts.php

It's a very interesting challenge to the health claims made by Epsom salts. I've actually stopped using them and gone back to good old fashioned bubble bath. Cheaper and I smell nicer afterwards ;)

LunaLiuna
19-02-14, 10:07
I would take it seriously if he hadn't started the article off by reccomending his 'cure'

I won't use bubble baths, things have to be natural for me! ;)

blue moon
19-02-14, 12:31
I won't use bubble baths, things have to be natural for me! ;)[/QUOTE]

You can make your own soap:D I have been eating Himalayn salt for years,but not in bath it is too expensive,I just use for cooking:)

Petra x

TooMuchToLiveFor
19-02-14, 12:41
Hey Luna,
This post got me to thinking……as my kiddo LOVES his bubble baths, but I don't like the idea of him just sitting in chemicals……

CHECK THIS OUT! http://www.100percentpure.com/Bath-s/40.htm?gclid=CJLlrpma2LwCFSZp7AodYkgANg I'm excited about it, and going to look into ordering some…..

Also, I totally agree about the article on Epsom Salts…..as soon as I saw it was a plug for the writer's "cure"--- I was out. :winks:

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

Also, something to consider-- your recent outbreak of spots could be due to the increase in Sertraline. I have developed a small amount of back acne as of late, and I think it may be due to the Sert. I also just had my baby girl 6 months ago, so it could be hormonal, but I've never had that problem before…..

Annie0904
19-02-14, 12:53
That article will certainly not stop me from using Epsom salts as I do feel benefits from it. My Grandmother always used it too and she lived to 97 so it certainly did her no harm :)
The article seems to be saying that we can't absorb through our skin which is a load of rubbish, otherwise why would we have topical medications (gels, patches etc) I think he is just trying to sell his own product.
I am a holistic therapist so I love to use natural products for healing. The only thing that relieved my tonsillitis last year was salt rinses.

LunaLiuna
19-02-14, 13:56
Hey Luna,
This post got me to thinking……as my kiddo LOVES his bubble baths, but I don't like the idea of him just sitting in chemicals……

CHECK THIS OUT! http://www.100percentpure.com/Bath-s/40.htm?gclid=CJLlrpma2LwCFSZp7AodYkgANg I'm excited about it, and going to look into ordering some…..

Also, I totally agree about the article on Epsom Salts…..as soon as I saw it was a plug for the writer's "cure"--- I was out. :winks:

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

Also, something to consider-- your recent outbreak of spots could be due to the increase in Sertraline. I have developed a small amount of back acne as of late, and I think it may be due to the Sert. I also just had my baby girl 6 months ago, so it could be hormonal, but I've never had that problem before…..

Oooo thank you for the link TooMuch!

I was thinking that it could also be the Sert, but it seems to have gone down again today due to not using the salt lastnight, so I guess it may be the salt? I don't know.

It is pretty hard to find natural stuff unfortunately, I've only just recently going a decent shampoo and deodorant! I'll have a little look around that website :)

Ingenious
20-02-14, 01:05
That article will certainly not stop me from using Epsom salts as I do feel benefits from it. My Grandmother always used it too and she lived to 97 so it certainly did her no harm .

Well I for one ALWAYS listen intently to anyone over the age of 90 to find out what they do, to see if there's any useful tips on living longer. If someone can make it to 97 and uses it, maybe I will have to try them again :)

Good points above too about bubble bath, not really a healthy option given some of the ingredients.

Maybe just plain water is safer these days?

Lilharry
25-02-14, 22:53
Sounds like a detox reaction to me. Sounds like they're doing a good job!

LunaLiuna
25-02-14, 23:10
As I said before, I had been raw vegan for three years so there was not much to detox! :)

Lilharry
25-02-14, 23:16
I suppose it depends on what else you're being exposed to and what kind of food you're eating now. Like you said, you're taking medication, so it could be that.