PDA

View Full Version : Just had another one

WorrierBecky
23-11-06, 08:51
I was doing so well this week until this morning when I've just had another panic attack

Luckily I thought it was coming on so I did take a diazapam before it really got going - but all the old symptoms were there

I did the breathing thing and rocking on my seat kept it at bay until it was over

The thing is I was worrying about my DH because he's not well with suspected IBS that I'm sure has been brought about by my symptoms etc and seeing him in so much pain and looking so miserable just brought on the attack[V]

I hate feeling like this

LickeyEndBlues
23-11-06, 09:47
Hey Becky,

It happens, the good thing was you were able to recognise it and try to do something about it. You need to build on that and gradually you will find other ways of deflecting your thoughts.

In dealing with the triggers for your PAs you will reduce them significantly.

Take care, you are not alone here.

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Paddington
23-11-06, 10:20
Hello Becky.Wow,well done for taking controlof your panic attack,that is wonderful and a huge leap forward for you!This means you can take control of your illness and not the other way round.Try not to heap blame on yourself too,the ibs is not your fault!It is a common thing[i have it!]and unpleasant,so you could support each other maybe?!Oh and welcome to the site too,you have come to the right place for support and understanding.Love MaryRose.xxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

WorrierBecky
23-11-06, 10:48
Thank you both so much for the words of support[^]

The thing was this time I knew it was coming on so I went upstairs to see my Dh (who is upstairs poorly at the moment) and said that I was having another one and talking to him helped me through it too

I have spent the last hour or so tidying my daughter's toys and chucking a few out and it has focused my mind for a while

Thank you again[^]