PDA

View Full Version : CBT and what to expect

Sam100322
18-02-14, 19:23
Hi everyone I am due to start CBT soon I was wondering if anyone could share there experiences about it many thanks

MrAndy
18-02-14, 19:31
It made my fighting of anxiety logical and simplified all my worries,it's not a cure all but definitely helps

Oosh
18-02-14, 19:56
Appointment once a week for an hour I think.

She listened for a chunk of the hour and made notes. Then would stand and write my thought patterns down on a blackboard.
"Can you see how these thoughts lead to this behaviour which does this and leads here" arrows, circular pattern etc

Tried to give me small suggestions to make conversations with strangers in my day.

Had 12 sessions then was told that's what they normally offer but there's an option for another 12 if I want so I did.

Sam100322
18-02-14, 20:04
Thank you very much guys really appreciate it. :-)

MRS STRESS ED
18-02-14, 21:00
Hi sam it really helped me it made me understand my anxiety and panic ,and the reasons why I had all these awful symptoms ,it helped me to think differently you have to really work at it ,it gives you the tools to help fight it good luck :D

sarahblonde32
19-02-14, 13:43
Hi, ive just started ( had first ) CBT on the THrive programme, it looks at changing your thought processes and you look and think about things that make you anxious. Mine is for emetophobia but im hoping to look all aspects of my anxiety.
sarah

blueangel
19-02-14, 23:19
I found CBT really useful as well. I wanted to learn a structure that would help me manage anxiety and depression, and the guy I saw was excellent. My best advice is to go into it with an open mind.

Sam100322
21-02-14, 21:00
Thank you very much everyone :-)