PDA

View Full Version : Palpatations after eating

Marie36
18-02-14, 20:15
HI ALL..having an ongoing episide at moment that started with palpatations. .new symptom for me..and resulted in panic attack, tests at A&E and GP and starting propranolol. I am trying to get my head around the palps, lots of self help, cut out caffeine etc but still seem to be a problem after eating. Does anybody have this? Just had my dinner and almost immediately afterwards they started with increased heart rate..I panic the minute I feel them so I guess it's a vicious cycle...any advice much appreciated?

mummyanxious
18-02-14, 20:42
Do you mean skipped beats or just fast heart? People interpret differently.

I think it;s quite common to get an increased heartrate after eating, especially a heavy meal, as blood is directed to your stomach.

Marie36
18-02-14, 20:55
I think both...heartrate def goes up and have palpatations...then I panic etc etc! I had a carb heavy meal and felt really full so will try smaller meal tomorrow...I think out of all the weird and wonderful symptoms I have had this one is the worse...thanks for your reply

Oosh
18-02-14, 21:04
Do you get it with a carb free meal ?

I don't like carbs until the evening. I get lethargy, brain fog and have definitely had heart palps after carbs.

I tend to eat Veges and protein until after tea time then carbs in evening to slow me down for sleep.

Green Veges full of nitrates so good for keeping your arteries clear after eating.
Try broccoli and chicken, something like that.

Marie36
18-02-14, 21:51
Thank you..I am a super fussy eating but am going to make a real effort to eat better..thanks

Freaked
21-02-14, 13:52
What's your blood pressure like? Sometimes if it's a small bit on the low side (not dangerous), it can get lower after meals and that speeds up your heart and can give you palps.