PDA

View Full Version : Dad's death triggers fear

alibali06
18-02-14, 21:40
Hi I'm new here.

My dad died almost 4 years ago. He was only 59 and I was only 22. The first year I was fine but I started to suffer from panic attacks. The attacks and anxiety come from the fear of something happening to me. I have become such a hypochondriac and think any pain is a tumor or cancer or something worse.

Anytime anyone I know dies now I suffer or if people are taken in to hospital I start to panic about having a sore head or a blocked ear!!

I am getting married in June and we have a 1 year old little girl and want to be able to enjoy life and not fear it.

Does anyone else feel like this or can anyone help?

Thank you

kurtis1990
18-02-14, 23:40
I can relate to this. My anxiety was also caused by the loss of my dad. It's a horrible thing to have to face

mbarger33
19-02-14, 05:06
I can relate.

I lost my dad to heart disease when I was 13, he was 46 at the time i didn't think to much of it. He was a heavy smoker had scarlet fever as a kid and his diet wasn't great.

It wasn't until this last year when my grandfather passed away from kidney failure, then my girlfriends dad died of lymphoma, and my beloved 6 year old cat diagnosed with lymphoma that I was hit hard with health anxiety..

i had chest pains I thought were heart attacks.

lumps I thought were cancer.

stick around the forums. Read people's posts you can relate, do online CBT courses and just try to stay positive.. thing with anxiety that I've learned is you'll have good days and bad days. But just keep fighting and stay positive and eventually you'll have more good days

sorry to hear of your fathers passing..