PDA

View Full Version : No magic pill

Cconnie
19-02-14, 01:15
I have finally been put on a course for my panic attacks on the nhs but it's in April! Which is a while away and I dunno if I can cope until then.

There's a lot going on in my life stressing me out at the minute (college, uni,having to care for grandad, feeling like I have to do everything).
And I keep thinking that's there is no magic pill, I know there isn't a magic pill and I have to "fight" this panic on my own (with talking from others) but this thought is making me panic.
I'm also panicking every night before I go to sleep (not full on panic but still panic) thinking that i will always have panic attacks and they will always hold me back.

However I haven't had a full blown panic attack for over 2 weeks now but I'm still having a low panic nearly everyday if not everyday about not being able to get rid of the panic attacks and that I'm going to go mad and develop schizophrenia or a personality disorder (even though I know this can't happen through a panic attack but could happen under intense stress).
I'm probably just over thinking all of this this it's really making me worry and I don't feel relaxed because I'm worrying too much.

LeFi_81
19-02-14, 08:29
You are right Cconnie. There is no magic pill.

You have the therapy in April to focus on, but you can already do so many things to prepare yourself. In the end it is we that "heal" ourselves and the therapy is only a guide. What you managed is already worth a gold medallion!

Are you trying some natural remedies? It is helping me much and my panic attacks are frequent and fresh (since December).

Good luck with all the stress. To your Grandad you must be like an angel. I am living so far away from my family. Even if I am saved some stress, I also feel another type of stress because I am never there to participate. Neither for birthdays or weddings, nor for caring for my Grandad when he really needs me. Thats tough because he helped me to get through university...

Thumbs up!

Cconnie
19-02-14, 10:26
Have you tried reading Claire Weekes or nothingworks.weebly.com? Both are incredible tools x

No I haven't, I will have a read if them, thank you x

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Are you trying some natural remedies? It is helping me much and my panic attacks are frequent and fresh (since December)

No I haven't tried any natural remedies, do you recommend any? :)

LeFi_81
19-02-14, 10:38
Hi again,

I am also reading Claire Weekes' bookes and nothingworkes. It is helping me very much!

Here is a link I found on this website:
http://www.bachflower.com/bach-flower-remedies/

I use a combination of bachflower and other homeopathic remedies. As I live in Germany I do not know what is available where you live. Just pop in at the pharmacy and ask them (that is what I did and they gave me dysto loges).

Then there is also other nice things waiting to be discovered. Take your vitamins, excercise (very NB), drink chamomile tea (very soothing) and another thing I love MEDITATION. Needs some practice but totally worth it.

:)

greggs92
19-02-14, 12:14
I have finally been put on a course for my panic attacks on the nhs but it's in April! Which is a while away and I dunno if I can cope until then.

There's a lot going on in my life stressing me out at the minute (college, uni,having to care for grandad, feeling like I have to do everything).
And I keep thinking that's there is no magic pill, I know there isn't a magic pill and I have to "fight" this panic on my own (with talking from others) but this thought is making me panic.
I'm also panicking every night before I go to sleep (not full on panic but still panic) thinking that i will always have panic attacks and they will always hold me back.

However I haven't had a full blown panic attack for over 2 weeks now but I'm still having a low panic nearly everyday if not everyday about not being able to get rid of the panic attacks and that I'm going to go mad and develop schizophrenia or a personality disorder (even though I know this can't happen through a panic attack but could happen under intense stress).
I'm probably just over thinking all of this this it's really making me worry and I don't feel relaxed because I'm worrying too much.

There definitely is no magic pill, however you shouldn't fight panic, you will never get anywhere if you "fight" it, I overcame my panic, by not fighting it, go with it, feel the fear, walk straight into it, make it do it's worst to you and realize that it's not going to harm you.

Cconnie
20-02-14, 00:59
There definitely is no magic pill, however you shouldn't fight panic, you will never get anywhere if you "fight" it, I overcame my panic, by not fighting it, go with it, feel the fear, walk straight into it, make it do it's worst to you and realize that it's not going to harm you.

I feel like if i let it do it's worst I will go crazy. What I panic about, I cannot get my head around and I feel that if I go with the panic and think about it then I won't like it and I can't change it so I'll go crazy knowing that what I worry about is true and that no matter how much or how little I panic or if I don't panic at all there is nothing I can do it change it and just this thought frightens me so much.
How can other people live normal lives, when I'm stuck with this panic that I cannot escape from.