PDA

View Full Version : bumps throat lining ??????????????

Ande
19-02-14, 01:15
I had a bit of a dry throat last few days, probably through screaming at the kids to shut the hell up, anyway, like an idiot i went and looked in the mirror, the sun was out so i got a really good view, if i tilt my head at the correct angle i can see all the way down to the epiglotis, i know there have always been tiny little bumps on the lining of the back of my throat, kind of fleshy coloured, but i saw one behind the epiglotis and it looks a bit paler, not much but a bit, then there loks like a couple more smaller ones, none of them are bigger than a milimetre, has anyone else stressed over these, this is where my HA started nearly 10 years ago, i don't want to start that one all over again.:meh:[COLOR="blue"]

GlassPinata
19-02-14, 03:31
I believe looking in your mouth is the worst thing an HA sufferer can do.
It's a recipe for an instant panic attack.
Don't look in there. It's freaky looking. Everybody's is. Just don't look.

Montana2
19-02-14, 06:10
Yes, I do have the same lumps, I fact a couple of years ago I was obsessing over them, so I started looking at my whole family's throat and sure enough, they were there. Nothing to worry about.

Ande
19-02-14, 19:09
thanks, i have been to the dentist and the walk in center today and both have looked and said they cant see anything, the reason i am so worried is because the lumps i am looking at aren't the same as the pimple looking ones that are higher up, behind the uvula for instance, they are more of an irregular shape, small and kind of pale pink in colour, like kind of flat looking, it's so hard to describe them, they are right down the back opposite the eppiglotis on the back wall, i cant even find any pics of anything like them. the trouble is, if they don't tell me they can see what i am looking at then i can't be sure they have seen them.

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 19:13
I saw the inside of my mouth and throat down to my vocal cords up close and personal yesterday. There are all sorts of "stuff" in our mouths that are totally normal. Just be glad you can't see through your skin ;)

Positive thoughts

Ande
19-02-14, 19:25
what gets me is they never say "oh yes i see what you mean", you always go away doubting that they even saw it.

I have managed to find an image of what my bumps look like, they resemble the ones indicated in this picture only lower down.

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac250/Ford_Fiesta/6034017673_822659c7fb_zpsadfda8bd.jpg (http://s904.photobucket.com/user/Ford_Fiesta/media/6034017673_822659c7fb_zpsadfda8bd.jpg.html)

Phuzella
19-02-14, 19:43
I guess they never say that because they can't see anything out of the ordinary?

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 20:19
Arrggg!... just what I wanted to see.... I just saw all that stuff yesterday in a perfectly normal healthy mouth.

Positive thoughts