PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

LauraC
23-11-06, 10:41
Hi, god where do I start. I'm Laura, 23 years old, from Aberdeen.

Suffered from major anxiety 3 years ago, i was in a bad relationship and began having the attacks. I commonly passed out in public, paced my flat thinking I was going to pass out and die and I also lost my appetite, I lost 3 stone. I left him in the end and things got better. Was basically back to normal.

However, I have recently given birth to my little boy who is now 12 weeks, i soon developed bells palsy and the complete left hand side of my face was paralysed. It got better hafter 3 weeks and I began to feel better but unfortunately my little brother (who had cerebral palsy) took an epileptic fit in my care and he didn't come out of it. That was 8 weeks ago now and it is just sinking in. Now all the symptoms above has come back with a vengeance. I really don't know what to do with myself. I have developed this fear of death, just think I am going to conk out and die myself which is horrible.

I really must sound like such a moan but would really appreciate talking to anyone who is or has been suffering this awful illness.

Thanx

Laura x

Laura x

manmoor
23-11-06, 10:51
Hi Laura,

A big warm welcome to you. We are all here for each other so we don't feel alone. x

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
23-11-06, 11:03
Hi Laura

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

mooks
23-11-06, 12:16
Hi Laura
Its very hard when you think the illness has gone away and it comes back with a vengeance, it has happened to me.
I think its true to say it never goes away but sits dormant..and when something profound happens or several things like you self has experienced..it kick in all of a sudden.
I was the same my father died a tragic death last year and I then suffered a misscarraige...The illness came back with a vengeance....So now Im off work..and determind to get proper help..realise its always there..BUT...find away to recognise signs of its return or coping skills to avoid 'falling to pieces'
Hope that help in some way you can PM me anytime
Sarah

net
23-11-06, 15:27
hello laura

welcome

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

sarah1984
23-11-06, 17:50
Hello Laura, welcome to NMP!
Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. I'm so sorry to hear about what a hard time you've been having recently and your brother passing away.
Hugs,
Sarah

trac67
23-11-06, 20:33
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'