PDA

View Full Version : Anyone anything similar? (Mole)

Jamesg33
19-02-14, 11:30
I have a mole on my inner thigh, I am a 24 year old male, it is slightly raised, it's itches now and again but I was thinking maybe that's due to it's positioning? I follow the ABCD Mole check and the only think that potentially applies are the edges look slightly blurred, when it itches it does swell up considerably, but the swelling goes down with an hour or two, any way you can settle my mind?

RoseEve
19-02-14, 12:18
I have one in this area and it gets really irritated from my thighs rubbing together. Like you said it swells. Especially if I wear panty hose. If it really is bothering you can ask to have it removed. But, no I really don't think it's anything sinister. Don't forget that area is not exposed to the sun so the chance of the the big C there is remote.

Jamesg33
19-02-14, 12:30
Thanks for the reply, seriously, I thought this too, logically I know that it is very unlikely to be cancer but I have very bad health anxiety, for instance, after getting worried about that mole, which I'm getting checked out today, I then changed my attention to one that's been just above my ankle on my leg for years and years because the edges are irregular and it's dark brown, anxiety kills me more times than I care to remember lol :(

bingjam
19-02-14, 15:09
Hi,
I've got a mole on my right breast that has always been there, its always been multi coloured always been irregular shaped... its always looked weird, but I've always mattered about it, I was in a state of panic and asked my aunt to check.it for me, she is a nurse, she laughed hysterically at me (that made me feel abit releaved) and she said its nothing to worry about, she said that I would know if there was something wrong, she said the ones I have seen don't resemble mine in any way and that's its just one of them weird moles, she actially said its a birthmarl, between the laughing I suddenly felt better, sometimes where they are positioned, can make a huge.difference how they look, with mine being on my breast, having two children and them obviously growing and shrinking twice has made it change.slighty, and my bra obviously irritated it a bit, I have.big breasts so the slob has obviously stretched making it change as i have been growing up, if its not itchy bleeding scabby or have a red ring around it I think.your fine and its just one of them moles....
I've been where you are and have worried about this mole for 7 years plus

To put your mind at ease, just get it checked out.

X

Jamesg33
19-02-14, 15:15
Thanks! I know the one on my leg is probably a birth mark, and the one that is itchy, its right between my leg and crotch, which is obviously warm, sweaty (TMI). It hasnt grown, and I think its only itching more recently because i've really worked myself up about it, constantly online searching for alternatives to skin cancer, one very similar thing i seen was dermatofibromas, which is very similar in size and shape to what I have. Like you said though, I wont get peace of mind until a doctor looks at it, which is happening tonight, wish me luck!

Thanks again! x

bingjam
19-02-14, 15:54
Yeah it will get sweaty there totally

Our minds are too powerful for our own good sometimes, I remember someone telling me that her mil had tingling in her breast and it turned out to be breast cancer, the next day o woke up and my breast was tingling..... I was so sure I had the C word..... a dew weeks layer it stopped and I.totally forgot about it, 2 years later I saw the woman who had cancer, the.next morning I.woke up with tingling boobs again, its like my mind pit the symptom there, so I said to myself its nothing to worry about and I haven't had the feeling for months now....

I'll say good luck, but I don't think you need it, I think your totes fine :)

Mines got a name for it think its atypical nevi or something like that...

Keep is updated, at least the doctor ain't laugh at you like my aunt did :)

Jamesg33
19-02-14, 16:00
To be honest as long as I dont hear the words biopsy or cancer, they can bring the rest of the surgery and any patients in the waiting room in and they can all take turns at pointing and laughing at me if they like :P.

It generally is my mind, blasted health anxiety D:

bingjam
19-02-14, 19:18
Haha yeah, I suppose I would prefer that too...

;)