PDA

View Full Version : Just try this once!!!

sarahblonde32
19-02-14, 13:47
Hi all,
the other morning in the car on the way to work i was a bit stressed and down....until a song came on the radio...for some reason i turned it right up and started singing along to the song and actually moving about!! i may well have looked a complete weirdo but who cares!
Made me feel heaps better! now every morning and journey home i try and find something to sing along too, elton john im still standing is a good one, a bit one direction, even an old 80's tune!!
try it honestly!!

sarah:yesyes:

WhyWhyWhy
19-02-14, 14:02
Music works for me. Loud upbeat music clears my mind, a real mood booster xx

Magic
19-02-14, 15:20
True xx

greggs92
19-02-14, 15:37
Hi all,
the other morning in the car on the way to work i was a bit stressed and down....until a song came on the radio...for some reason i turned it right up and started singing along to the song and actually moving about!! i may well have looked a complete weirdo but who cares!
Made me feel heaps better! now every morning and journey home i try and find something to sing along too, elton john im still standing is a good one, a bit one direction, even an old 80's tune!!
try it honestly!!

sarah:yesyes:

Fantastic :)

This is a great way to occupy your mind, how you ever noticed when you do things you enjoy, you forget about your anxiety for a short period? well this is exactly the process i used to overcome my anxiety after 10 years of suffering. The more you occupy your mind, the more you subconscious develops this new behavior and replaces the old anxious habits.

Shaznayhawkes
19-02-14, 15:52
I do this on my way home from work. A brilliant way to release a bit of stress and who cares if you look like an idiot! Better than picking your nose! :roflmao:

greggs92
19-02-14, 15:54
I do this on my way home from work. A brilliant way to release a bit of stress and who cares if you look like an idiot! Better than picking your nose! :roflmao:

Haha yes! it's much better than picking your nose :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 17:04
Great stuff! I'm always singing in the truck... exercising my voice etc..

Check these two out! Funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOefyoDoscg

Positive thoughts and smiles

blueangel
19-02-14, 23:21
Singing is actually an excellent thing to combat anxiety. When you sing, you use both sides of your brain at once, as one side produces the sound and the other side produces the language. This means more of your brain is occupied, leaving less space for worrying. :)

swgrl09
20-02-14, 02:14
Singing also is helpful because it helps control your breathing, much like deep breathing.

Also it's fun and distracting lol I do this all the time in the car!

sarahblonde32
20-02-14, 10:26
Great, i'm not the only one who looks stupid in the car then!!
it does release something and yes it occupies your mind!

:)

KLP
20-02-14, 10:36
At the doctors yesterday, doc and myself were both discussing the effects on the brain, electrons that occur when singing, and apparently maths does the same thing. I'm a pro singer and when working I can guarantee this works. Can't anwser for maths!!!!!

Also watch this about the placebo effect very interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b03wcchn/hd/Horizon_20132014_The_Power_of_the_Placebo

(You may need a different URL link as I copied this from my phone)

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Fishmanpa, I'd be happy to give you a skype singing lesson !!!!!! Lol!! :)

meche
20-02-14, 10:38
I walk to work and have all my favourite songs downloaded to my phone. I also do alot of Zumba and have all my Zumba tracks on there. I sometimes forget I have my headphones on and people walk by giving me a funny look..... who cares!!! I swear I also walk down the road doing a bit of salsa/rumba!!! :):)

Eyji1
20-02-14, 18:10
It shows how much this is all in your / our head/s.