PDA

View Full Version : Ugh i need a angiogram!

kurtis1990
19-02-14, 15:36
I am so tired of this. I have had so mant ecgs bloods and a echo these past 5 days during my hospital stay yet they still wont rule out problems with my arteries!. I collasped twice during my hospital stay and they didnt even give me a diagnosis! Ugh doctors are useless sometimes

greggs92
19-02-14, 15:40
Well I hope everything goes ok, maybe it's mental exhaustion? If yes a lot of doctors are :/

Althea
19-02-14, 15:55
Kurtis, I can't tell--are you saying the doctors are sending you for an angiogram, or that you want an angiogram because you believe that otherwise angina can't be ruled out?

kurtis1990
19-02-14, 16:53
They need to do one to rule out angina

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

But they won't

Althea
19-02-14, 16:54
Okay, I misunderstood you. You want one; doctors don't see a need for one.

Kurtis, they really do have a pretty good idea of when this is necessary, and that's a really far place to go when there's no medical indication for it, and they, not you, are really the people to judge if there is a medical indication for it. I know the anxiety is tough, and I hope you'll start treating that.

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 16:56
I take it you're 23-24 years old by the "1990" in your name? If that's the case, it's highly unlikely at your age but it's good they're exploring the possibilities.

Good luck and positive thoughts

kurtis1990
19-02-14, 16:58
23 yea but with a family history of heart problems. It is reassuring that structure wise my heart is fine but I just need to know if I have blockages

Althea
19-02-14, 17:00
Do you, though? What would you do with that information? And what happens if you join the doctors who've tested you pretty extensively in assuming you don't?

Annie0904
19-02-14, 17:17
If the doctors thought it was necessary they would do an angiogram. The fact they haven't shows that it is not a concern and I think you should be reassured by that. At some point we have to trust the doctors. They deal with these problems daily so know what they are doing. I would be reassured by the other tests you have had done.

nomorepanic
19-02-14, 17:25
An angiogram is an invasive procedure so they are not going to do one without good cause to be honest. It carries the risk of causing a heart attack

Freaked
19-02-14, 18:03
Have they suggested a non-invasive ct angio? I had one of those for chest/jaw pain symptoms and it was very reassuring, minus the risks of a procedure. They've found that they're equally effective. Expensive though.

mummyanxious
19-02-14, 18:28
But surely they have an idea of blockages from other tests? Otherwise what would be the point?

kurtis1990
19-02-14, 18:34
I'm not sure resting ecgs and echos are enough to tell if your artieries are narrow :/. I mention the non invasive ct to my doctor

nomorepanic
19-02-14, 18:55
I had a MIBI scan to see if I had angina - but these tests are not cheap so they won't refer you without good cause.

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 19:23
I'm not sure resting ecgs and echos are enough to tell if your artieries are narrow :/. I mention the non invasive ct to my doctor

I'm very, very likely facing a full cardiac workup including an angiogram or a nuclear stress test. I more than likely have some more crap going on with my heart.... That's my reality... fun eh?

You're my son's age and I can, with all confidence say, you don't have angina or heart disease. Maybe in 25 years if you eat like crap, smoke and drink like a fish we can have this conversation again (ha!...I won't be here in 25 years but I'll see if I can get a land line hooked up from the afterlife) but I WISH I could even come close to saying that. I'd take the negative tests and celebrate like a rock star!

Do me a favor will ya?... Stop it Ok? They're not going to do the test. Please start treating the real illness here.

Positive thoughts

kurtis1990
19-02-14, 21:41
Fishman when it comes to anything cardiac I respect your advice and understand where your coming from. But I saw my farther and my grandfarther go threw this condition which makes it hell as i know what to look for. Countless doctors told my grand farther he was fine before he died. I just think the doctors are using my HA history as a excuse to just get rid of me. They don't understand this is my life there playing with. If I say my chest pains are that bad thet need further investagation they should belive it.

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 22:02
I wish you the best Kurtis. Hope all works out for you...

Positive thoughts

mummyanxious
19-02-14, 22:22
Have you told the drs exactly what the condition is your family had? Surely they would have tested for it if there was a FH

kurtis1990
20-02-14, 11:02
I did mummy anxious but there still so reluctant to test. I told them straight I know the risks of a angiogram and I'm not stupid enough to go threw one if I wasn't sure I needed it.

mummyanxious
20-02-14, 11:59
But maybe there's no markers for whatever disease it is in the other tests you've had and that's why