PDA

View Full Version : Why now?

eccat
19-02-14, 16:36
Today I had my first panic attack in almost 6 months. I feel like such a loser! Thought they were gone. problem is I don't even feel stressed! Yes, I've been worrying a bit about cash and 2 other personal reasons but that's all over now. Now I've got the achey chest, arm pain and jaw pain and it's making me freak out more. I'm petrified that I'll have an episode of almost daily attacks again.
Any advice?
:unsure:

Ingenious
20-02-14, 00:42
It's easy to see this as a failure but in reality the truth is you've done really, really well on not having an attack for 6 months. Please look on the positive side of that - and having an attack now does not mean you're going to relapse. Consider that if you managed 6 months before you can do this again. Have hope :) We can ALL have bad days, off days and mini-relapses even when better, we're only human and life will always being challenges, stresses and worries.

phonoodle
20-02-14, 08:11
yep i fell the same... i do not have much problems but my anxiety is killing me. i feel like im going to die but i am not even stressing. i have been waiting for my girlfriend all day and she just told me she wont be home tonight. We are all dying i feel but we are all here for each other

eccat
02-03-14, 21:07
Thank you to both of you.
I've decided to stop freaking out and to try and live life to its fullest but every time I give myself this pep talk I seem to get a panic attack...although today's was very mild by comparison. Does anyone else notice that their attacks come on after periods of stress? eg today I thought we had run over the cat on the way out. I spent the entire morning worrying about it only to come home and find he was fine. 3 hours later I'm lying on my bed reading and here comes the head rush, pain,shakes etc
Does this happen to anyone else?

laura1200
03-03-14, 19:07
I always find my panic attacks come on after a period of stress or major worry. For me though I'll feel okay at that moment of time but then all of a sudden the panic attack symptoms appear and that's it, I'll have a PA and feel rubbish afterwards for a while. I haven't had one in a few months though so hoping it continues.

I hope you're feeling better now. :)