PDA

View Full Version : Which part of my stomach is this (pic added)

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 19:58
Can someone please help, have been getting random twinges for past 2momth nearly which I could never locate, last night I started to draw a little pen mark on the area of my body I thought the pain was coming from, I would like some feedback on where abouts this pain is from my photo ,
The pain I'm having is just like random twinges and from last night up until now its happened 30or so times, always lasts a few seconds.
I'm going out of my mind worrying about pancreas and spleen despite my ultrasound results from October saying no abnormalities.
The main pen marks are upper left area, ignore my stretch marks around my navel lol.

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 19:59
The longest pen mark is where I'm getting the majority of the pain .

Annie0904
19-02-14, 20:08
It would be very hard for anyone to tell you what it could be. You are best seeing a doctor and letting them feel your tummy.

Col
19-02-14, 20:10
I know this sounds stupid but, it looks like the exact position of your stomach. X what is the pain like is it an ache and on a level of 1-10 (10 being worst) how is it xxx

Since u threaded on this i'll try helping but Annie is soo right though x

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 20:10
Thanks for the reply, it's hard to describe the area I'm getting the twinges in so thought it best to add a pic, mainly to see if anyone can relate.
The dr said I do have ibs but the pain is more lower down than what I'm experiencing ... So confused atm

Annie0904
19-02-14, 20:12
I have ibs and I get twinges of pain all over my stomach so it is quite likely to be that.

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 20:13
Yeah I know it's my stomach, but which part exactly i do not know...
the pain is a twinge for few seconds and on pain sale of 1-10 its a 2.. Not sure where my spleen and pancreas are in relation to wherein feeling the twinges.

mummyanxious
19-02-14, 20:17
Don't think your spleen and pancreas are that low? Thought they were higher up towards your ribs. Looks like intestine to me. But I'm not a dr.

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

And Ibs covers anything from gullet to the end result!

Phuzella
19-02-14, 20:18
Your ultrasound results were clear:)

Althea
19-02-14, 20:21
Yeah I know it's my stomach, but which part exactly i do not know...

Actually, that looks a little low for your stomach. Do you have IBS? Those are all places that could hurt with IBS.

But I'm with Annie--this isn't something for a web forum, it's something for a medical person, and one who can examine *you*, not just a picture of your skin. There's nothing in what you describe that suggests anything sinister, but beyond that we're not the people who can tell you anything.

scrumking
19-02-14, 20:22
Stressed as the above person mentioned that looks to me be where your stomach is. By that I mean if you were to open your abdomen which most people refer to as their "stomach" you would see many organs one of which would be your actual stomach.

See the dr and discuss your pain

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 20:26
You need to go back and use a sharpie or magic marker. I can't see the pen marks. Arrows and x's please as to where it hurts and various angles and lighting would be helpful as well as different colors and numbers to indicate the severity of pain :whistles:

Positive thoughts

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 20:31
Obviously u dont suffer with health anxiety :sly:

You need to go back and use a sharpie or magic marker. I can't see the pen marks. Arrows and x's please as to where it hurts and various angles and lighting would be helpful as well as different colors and numbers to indicate the severity of pain :whistles:

Positive thoughts

mummyanxious
19-02-14, 20:33
A twinge for a few seconds sounds like trapped wind.

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 20:37
Wouldn't be trapped wind for nearly 2month though :blush:

A twinge for a few seconds sounds like trapped wind.

mummyanxious
19-02-14, 20:41
If you had Ibs it would keep recurring. Sorry only trying to offer some solutions which don't involve major illnesses.

stressedmamof3
19-02-14, 20:47
I really appreciate it :flowers:

If you had Ibs it would keep recurring. Sorry only trying to offer some solutions which don't involve major illnesses.

Fishmanpa
19-02-14, 21:00
Obviously u dont suffer with health anxiety :sly:

No but I do deal with "scanxiety" every time I have to go get checked to see if my cancer returned as well as depression from dealing with that and freaking heart disease.

Look... I don't mean to make light of this but really SMom-o-3... two second twinges that are a 2 on a scale of ten pain wise hardly indicate anything sinister except, as has been suggested, "gas" which can be sinister to those around you ;) And to be honest, allow me to apologize as I shouldn't have responded in light of my less than stellar mood having to go now and have my heart checked for serious potential issues.

But, in all seriousness, one cannot diagnose via pen marks in a photo or from described symptoms. In the time I've been frequenting the boards, I've yet to see one's worst fears realized.

I'm sure you're fine. If you're in doubt, see your doctor.

Positive thoughts

Annie0904
19-02-14, 21:31
I get twinges of pain most days with ibs and it can go on for a long time.

stressedmamof3
20-02-14, 16:07
really hoping it is something less sinister