PDA

View Full Version : head shakes/movement very very slightly - normal phenomenon?

hardik
20-02-14, 06:58
I have observed that while concentrating or holding head steady, it slightly shakes? is it completely normal?

eg. if you hold your head still or like u just put a thread in needle while keeping head still, it shakes a bit very slightly or when u write something pressing your head steadily it shakes a bit?

has anyone experience the same?

Libra
20-02-14, 13:01
Yes, I had that some years ago and was diagnosed as essential tremor.Very common especially with anxiety.

Limey
04-05-14, 23:52
Sorry to necro the thread, but I recently was diagnosed with an ET. Has your tremor eased Libra?

Libra
05-05-14, 10:36
Yes Limey, It lasted about 6 months for me off/on. As soon as I got the proper diagnosis though within days it just stopped ..think that proves it was my anxiety at that time. pm me if you need any detail ..:)

Kim51
05-05-14, 10:50
I have observed that while concentrating or holding head steady, it slightly shakes? is it completely normal?

eg. if you hold your head still or like u just put a thread in needle while keeping head still, it shakes a bit very slightly or when u write something pressing your head steadily it shakes a bit?

has anyone experience the same?

Hi I have had this for two years now, neurologist said it was essential tremor, it gets worse the more anxious I am, I find it very embarrassing and it stops me going out and meeting new people as I am so aware of it.

Libra
05-05-14, 19:45
I found that too Kim.. For a couple of months mine went to a side to side motion when I was very agitated, like saying no.. It never happened when resting though.