PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack ?

rebeccad
20-02-14, 08:20
This seems like such an obvious question but if I was having a mild heart attack would I deffo know about it ? Since I've heard about a friend passing away from a heart attack in the night I've been having mild tingling down my left arm and hand and what feels like a sore neck so not sure if it's a trapped nerve , but then I also keep feeling like a very mild pushing on my chest bone , I woke my hubbie up frantic and be just said "shut up and go back to sleep " feel
Like it's going to be a case of the boy that cried wolf, I've just done a gym session would I have been able to do this if I was having a heart attack , I've never ever worried about my heart before now and I can feel a new obsession coming on :(
(Don't know where the green smiley face came from in title don't feel like smiling :( )

realworrier
20-02-14, 08:27
I totally understand the half sleepy hubby being ratty!

I would think that if your having a mild heart attack you would know. You've been to the gym maybe you have pulled something? I don't think you are having a heart attack :)

rebeccad
20-02-14, 08:50
Thanks , I went to the gym this morning and this all happened in the night , I kept hubbie awake on purpose even to just shout at me incase I needed an ambulance how totally stupid is that :(

realworrier
20-02-14, 10:55
been there done that! knocking him 'accidently' for the reassurance and to chat to take my mind off things. Once he is asleep he's grumpy and doesn't want to know.

Okay If you were having a heart attack you would not be able to do a session at the gym!! I think your ok and its just ugly Health Anxiety. Feel better soon :) x

rebeccad
20-02-14, 11:47
I've just read some people think they've got stomach problems when really it's a heart attack , I've felt sick for 2 days should I go to doctors ? X

Freaked
20-02-14, 12:03
What age are you, rebeccad? Ever had your heart checked out?

rebeccad
20-02-14, 12:20
I'm 34 and no, should I ?

Tanner40
20-02-14, 12:22
It's all anxiety, I'm sure. Find something to distract yourself. What are you doing to help your anxiety at the moment?

rebeccad
20-02-14, 12:33
I did have sessions with a health anxiety therapist but I couldn't afford to keep going at £70 a session , may have to go back to the doctors to get reffered to the nhs mental health centre , but trouble is they only have experience with gad not much knowledge on ha :( x

rebeccad
20-02-14, 17:00
Stupid question I know the answer to but surely if you even having a mild heart attack the gym would have made me collapse right ? X

nomorepanic
20-02-14, 17:52
You would have felt rubbish yes!