PDA

View Full Version : gasping for breath

lynda57
23-11-06, 14:01
Hi everyone,( first time ive done this)anyway after being told ectopic heartbeats cannot hurt you mmm,i notice that when i am falling off to sleep the slightest noise makes me jump,and my heart nearly jumps out my skin,also i gag for breath when falling asleep,it usually happens just as i am dozing off,please tell me there is someone out there that this has happened to, my GP doesnt seem to concerned,given i suffer with anxiety or so he keeps telling me,any advice, thanks.

pegg

angie3077
23-11-06, 14:07
Hi Pegg, I too suffer with the missed beats and I have often suddenly wake with a jump when dosing off, almost like a falling sensation I get too! It is weird but I am sure it is nothing to worry about. Think it has something to do with our already heightened state of anxiety, we are very light sleepers and the slighest twitch or something has us jumping?

My partner has them too though.....and he is the most calm, laid back person I have EVER met! so I think everybody gets this.

Angie

clickaway
23-11-06, 14:08
Its fairly common for us to experience temporary symptoms when going to bed and going off to sleep. I have experienced hyperventilation and uneven breathing, but this is usually during the time I've been up.

When hitting the pillow, my shakes can increase as I think I must be in an unsafe place. Also, sometimes I suffer a jolt as I begin to get dozy which I know other people have experienced.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

lynda57
23-11-06, 14:13
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Pegg, I too suffer with the missed beats and I have often suddenly wake with a jump when dosing off, almost like a falling sensation I get too! It is weird but I am sure it is nothing to worry about. Think it has something to do with our already heightened state of anxiety, we are very light sleepers and the slighest twitch or something has us jumping?

My partner has them too though.....and he is the most calm, laid back person I have EVER met! so I think everybody gets this.

Angie

<div align="right">Originally posted by angie3077 - 23 November 2006 : 14:07:14</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

pegg

lynda57
23-11-06, 14:21
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Pegg, I too suffer with the missed beats and I have often suddenly wake with a jump when dosing off, almost like a falling sensation I get too! It is weird but I am sure it is nothing to worry about. Think it has something to do with our already heightened state of anxiety, we are very light sleepers and the slighest twitch or something has us jumping?

Angie
Hi Angie,thanks for that,but dont you really wish you could go to bed and just have unteruppted sleep,i tend to think the more people that tell you anxiety is your problem the more you suffer especially GPs,i had a really normal life up untill 5 years ago,when had panic attack,(unbek
<div align="right">Originally posted by angie3077 - 23 November 2006 : 14:07:14</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">Thanks Angie,great help,but oh for a good nights sleep,take care

pegg

Hexia
24-11-06, 21:42
The exact same thing has happened to me. I've decided that three times is tops. First time I tell myself that I will be all right and doze back off to sleep, second time same thing. Third time I get up and do something else for a while before I get back to sleep.
After I made this "agreement" with myself it's never happened more than once.
It is scary, but it won't hurt you, so please try and relax.
Take care.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."